JJN

Latest Purchase Juki LU-563 Never Used in Original Box

I received a shipment from UPS today that I was anxiously waiting for. It is a "new old stock" Juki LU-563 that was never used in it's original Juki packaging. It still has the factory sew-off thread and fabric in it. No rust and no damage. I've been looking for one of these machines and never thought I would find one in this condition. I am afraid to use it, seems like it ought be in a museum or something. LOL What do you folks think of this?

Here are the photos...

juki01.jpg

juki02.jpg

juki03.jpg

juki04.jpg

juki05.jpg

juki06.jpg

juki07.jpg

juki08.jpg

juki09.jpg

juki10.jpg

Edited by JJN

Oh, so you're the fellow that outbid me... Seattle area right?

Enjoy your new toy!  I have one just like it (few more scratches) and like it very well.  

Edited by Pintodeluxe

@Pintodeluxe, I must be. It is from Seattle. I didn't think I was bidding on it. I didn't know anyone else saw it. This is the second machine I found in that area. The other one was a Ferdco/Juki-Pro 2000.

Nice buy!   Was it a Craig’s list buy?

Gary

@garypl, Thanks, yes it was on Craigslist. I have a nice 562 set up with its table, I might switch out the heads and sell the 562. I still need to get a servo motor, but this way I'll have the table, large oil pan and knee lift that will fit this machine.

John

I need to look on Craig’s list more often!  I bought my Consew 206RB-4 on Craig’s List for $180 complete with servo and table and I love it!  Had to spend a couple of days resetting and retiming everything and just recently corrected a problem that was caused by a bent needle plate. Works great now and I wouldn’t mind finding another deal like it!

Only problem I have not been able to correct is reverse stitch length.  Only reverses into the same holes when stitch length is at the maximum, which I never use.  Oh well...

We'd call that brand new old stock.  Beautiful machine nice find.

@Gregg From Keystone Sewing Thanks for your comment. The parts list says it was printed in Japan 1988. Could I assume that is fairly close to the manufacturing date of this machine?

Also, I read in another post where you mentioned that there were 3 different castings for the 563. I am aware of the latest casting, the 563N where the hole for viewing the stitch length was removed. What are the differences in the first two castings?

Thanks,

John

Nice JJN!!!

glenn

I am finally getting around to setting up this 'new old stock' Juki LU-563. I needed a table, motor, drip pan, knee lift and all the other misc parts to get it going. I contacted a Juki dealer but they said they didn't have the oil pan I needed. When I pressed the issue, they checked withJuki/Japan and they found the very last genuine drip pan that they had. I also got a genuine Juki knee lift. For the table I found a Juki 8700 that someone bought new and never used. It had a nice plywood top, sturdy legs and a servo motor. I'll sell the new 8700 head and re-coup the cost. I should have this sewing soon.

If anyone knows the correct position to mount the knee lift bracket, I would appreciate the information. I don't want to use the trial and error method.

juki563-1.jpg

juki563-2.jpg

juki563-3.jpg

juki563-4.jpg

juki563-5.jpg

It is all assembled and running perfectly. The knee lift bracket was pretty simple to figure out. The foam in the oil reservoir was deteriorated so I replaced it with some new foam. Although the machine turned easily, it took a little time and oil to get 30+ years of inactivity out of the mechanisms. This machine will become one of my favorites.

That is one beautiful NOS machine, there!