Gusta1

Accessories for my new machine. Typical 441.

it´s a good idea to mention your country in your profile so people could probably point to certain dealers. Please update you profile. But seems you already found a source for the parts - what other information do you need? What kind accessories you will need depends on your work. I probably need other accessories than you and the guy next door needs something else....

5 hours ago, Constabulary said:

it´s a good idea to mention your country in your profile so people could probably point to certain dealers. Please update you profile. But seems you already found a source for the parts - what other information do you need? What kind accessories you will need depends on your work. I probably need other accessories than you and the guy next door needs something else....

I am from Argentina, and I do leather work, from bags to belts.

I asked my question because maybe for the same price they sell in China someone could recommend another brand with better quality.

Today with the internet it is not very important where you live, but it is important when someone helps you! That's why I made my query!

Didn't the seller of the machine offer these feet as options?

As for the aftermarket feet, they are all cloned from the harness feet that are standard equipment on Cowboy and Cobra 441 class machines. Juki also offers these feet for their TSC-441. These are all high quality feet. There is no way to know how these aftermarket feet will fit or stand up to the pounding they will experience in normal use.

Thanks for your reply!

In Argentina it is the only machine in stock of this model, so there are no accessories, everything must be imported, so my query.

Maybe you knew where to buy or you could tell me if the ones that sell on the Cowboy page are the same ones that sell in China.

Thank you!
Edited by Gusta1

I ask you again why I need your help, I already have the machine in my possession is a Typical 441.

I sent an email to the Cowboysew page and they tell me that the presser foot they sell for Juki 441 does not work on Typical 441.

Anyone know if this is correct?

I leave a picture of the presser foot of my machine so you can see it!

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-03 at 23.48.21(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-03 at 23.48.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-03 at 23.48.21(2).jpeg

The blanket foot is almost useless for leather.  Why Juki and the clone companies produce this foot is a query to me.   It is only useable in a few applications.  In fact, it is over 1/2" wider then the standard feet of a 205-370 Adler.   You need special feet to sew leather on this machine.  I have and Adler 205-370 with all the toys on it.  Great machine as is the 441 and the Typical 441 clone. The one thing that is not mentioned here is the throat plate.  Beiler's in Pennsylvania produces a flat throat plate for this machine that will accommodate the feed dog.  Sewing on a flat plate is so much easier that the curved plate on the4se machines.  I have a Weaver flat plate on my Adler.  I strongly suggest you get one for your machine.

glenn 

6 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

The blanket foot is almost useless for leather.  Why Juki and the clone companies produce this foot is a query to me.   It is only useable in a few applications.  In fact, it is over 1/2" wider then the standard feet of a 205-370 Adler.   You need special feet to sew leather on this machine.  I have and Adler 205-370 with all the toys on it.  Great machine as is the 441 and the Typical 441 clone. The one thing that is not mentioned here is the throat plate.  Beiler's in Pennsylvania produces a flat throat plate for this machine that will accommodate the feed dog.  Sewing on a flat plate is so much easier that the curved plate on the4se machines.  I have a Weaver flat plate on my Adler.  I strongly suggest you get one for your machine.

glenn  

Thank you very much for your response Genn!

I take your message to consult you then! Do you know if Cowboy presser foot goes on my machine? Because if they don't want to sell me at Hightex, I can do it on a Chinese page!

Thank you very much for your recommendation about the flat throat plate, do you have any recommendations about where I can buy it?

Since you said your machine has many toys, can you recommend something else? That was the initial spirit of my thread!

Beiler's Manufacturing & Supply is an Amish owned company in Pennsylvania. Because of their faith, they do not have a website or online ordering. Order by telephone with credit card or mail order. I bought a set of narrow left, right and double toe feet from them. Very nice quality. I also bought the flat throat plate and several other plates and feed dogs. I don't have any experience with Typical but I think they would fit.

Item A-22-F is the throat plate that shoepatcher referred to. Item C D E & F are the narrow feet I bought.

bms2.jpg

bms1.jpg

bms3.jpg

bms4.jpg

Edited by JJN

11 minutes ago, JJN said:

Beiler's Manufacturing & Supply is an Amish owned company in Pennsylvania. Because of their faith, they do not have a website or online ordering. Order by telephone with credit card or mail order. I bought a set of narrow left, right and double toe feet from them. Very nice quality. 

Thanks for your help !!!

Although it is not comfortable for me, I like that there are still people selling like in old school! haha

I don't even use a double toe foot.  Like, ever.

Drop down edge guide is a BIG plus, but I don't believe your link is the right one.  

Maybe more like this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1SET-KG867A-guide-fit-for-Durkopp-Adler-69-205-267-867-Pfaff-335-1245-Consew206/152426203411

Maybe they close enough to use either.

Edited by JLSleather

8 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

blanket foot is almost useless for leather.  Why Juki and the clone companies produce this foot is a query to me.

LOL... because rest of the world not sewing leather, it the most widely used foot for 'heavy' synthetic and natural fiber/weave materials . It also great Foot to buy several of, to grind , cut and shape for specific jobs .

nylonRigging,

Hand not thought of that .  Good point.  You could make a left or right toe foot out of the blanket foot.

thank you.

glenn

22 hours ago, JJN said:

Beiler's Manufacturing & Supply is an Amish owned company in Pennsylvania. Because of their faith, they do not have a website or online ordering. Order by telephone with credit card or mail order. I bought a set of narrow left, right and double toe feet from them. Very nice quality. I also bought the flat throat plate and several other plates and feed dogs. I don't have any experience with Typical but I think they would fit.

Item A-22-F is the throat plate that shoepatcher referred to. Item C D E & F are the narrow feet I bought.

Thanks for this, never heard of them until now.  I'll keep this information on hand.  

11 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

nylonRigging,

Hand not thought of that .  Good point.  You could make a left or right toe foot out of the blanket foot.

thank you.

glenn

ya, the aftermarket 441 foot are sold cheap on-line . Dremel , file and grinder all you need . just make sure when shaping feet for any machine that you have a cold water cooling bowl there to quench and keep the Temp. down as you go . The metal on the aftermarket feet sold is actually pretty hard .

R-side cut-off, shortened and narrowed some . .  'middle' , Trimmed short, with feet narrowed . .  and there is a full size Foot to show stock length and width  .

411 foot.jpg

Edited by nylonRigging