wizard of tragacanth

Flat-back, Straight-drop Holster for Sig P365

Made this holster for my Sig P365. I already have an "Avenger" style that I use often and love the comfort it affords. Wanted to give this one a try. Just finished it tonight. Haven't worn it yet.

Believe it or not, this is the first brown-tone holster that I have ever made. I have made many black ones, a few blue ones and one red one! 

There are some flaws that I could have improved upon but I didn't bother because I am a very understanding customer. :)

Leather: 3.5 mm (IIRC) Tandy veg tan

Dye: Fiebing's Pro Dye, Mahogany

Thread: Mahogany dyed natural linen

Edges: Tokonole

Finish: Satin Shene

nick

20191215_190506 small.jpg

20191215_190535 small.jpg

20191215_193435 small .jpg

Probably could have hammered the stitches down on the back - but I'm just being picky.:lol: That looks real nice, simple clean lines, neat stitching and the colour and finish is very pleasing (to my eyes, anyway).:specool:

58 minutes ago, dikman said:

Probably could have hammered the stitches down on the back 

Yeah dikman... I'm gonna go do that right now. (kidding) 

I think that may be the last time that I use linen thread. (not kidding)

I like the color for a change. 

The stitching on the back looks like bad, I know. I don't know if I will ever learn to stitch well.

nick

Let me predict that brown or black, . . . even green, . . . that style holster is very comfortable, . . . and in the words of many a suit salesman "you gonna like the way you look"  

May God bless,

Dwight

Are you using a stitch groove on the back?  Trying to figure out why that are wandering around like that.  Or are you punching the holes by hand with an awl?  Thats a skill all it's own to get things straight by hand.  

Too square for my tastes, I like softer lines.  But it's also not my holster so that's worth exactly what you paid for it.  lol  I do like the color though.  

Overall, I rather like the look of it.  I had the same initial reaction to the back of the stitching, but that's easily replaced if you decide to.

See how comfortable it is to use.  I'm wondering if the combination of straight drop and high leading edge might be a bit awkward?  Just the way I'm built, I prefer not to have to pull that high.

9 hours ago, Dwight said:

Let me predict that brown or black, . . . even green, . . . that style holster is very comfortable, . . . and in the words of many a suit salesman "you gonna like the way you look" 

Hey Dwight... I'm sure you are right!

7 hours ago, chiefjason said:

Are you using a stitch groove on the back?

I did not use a groover on the back, nor the front.  I'm just glad that the stitching looks better on the front, rather than the other way around! 

4 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I'm wondering if the combination of straight drop and high leading edge might be a bit awkward?  Just the way I'm built, I prefer not to have to pull that high.

Yeah, we will see. This is the first iteration of this design. The high leading edge was an experiment. It may work okay because this gun is very small, there is not a lot of barrel to clear the leather.

I could re-do the stitching but I ain't gonna! Hahaha.

12 hours ago, dikman said:

Probably could have hammered the stitches down on the back.

I don't use a hammer on my projects because I would probably ruin them but I did try burnishing the stitching down. It didn't really improve the looks. I just need to improve my technique, or use a stitch groover!

I just realized that in these pictures, the gun is not fully seated in the holster. Don't know how that happened.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth