toxo

Drop down guide bolt size?

I used M5 screws on my former Singer 111 but you may need an additional bracket for mounting the drop down guide. I have used KB09 from college sewing:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/accessories/sewing-guides/sewing-guide-brackets

This was on my former 111G156 which is quite close to your 239

So before you drill holes in the machine body make sure the drop down guide or its bracket is not disturbing your foot lift lever or is disturbing you somehow different. On my current 111 I have no drop down guide as I figured I barely need it for my work or it was disturbing me. But that of corse depends on your work. ;)

EDIT:

Another thread reg. drop down guides:

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks Folker. You came through as always. I can see where there might be a problem and I'll get a bracket ordered today. At least I'll know what screws to drill for when they get here. Like Mike I've often wondered about the virtues of roller versus flat guides. I'm reasoning that if I need a flat I can just use some magnets.

Looks like that COMES WITH bolts.

I have some thread guides once they get here.

That's good, because one of the joys of metric threads is the vast number of pitches they use!! Can be very frustrating.

It'll probably work out that I'll find a couple of screws that fit whatever tap I can find.

Update. For future information the bolts are M6x1 and takes a 5mm drill for the tap. I got over the siting problem by cutting the end of the bolt hole to the right just enough so the presser lift is clear. I ran into a slight snag when drilling the left hand hole. I got part way in when the drill snagged. put a torch on it and it looked like hole in the casting. Was deep enough for the tap so was ok. Was a bit fiddly but all working as it should.1534424155_IMG_E23861.thumb.JPG.d4156fa3e896409c909739624223ae8f.JPG

Edited by toxo

Good job. The holes in the back of my machine are M6x1 which is nice. Meanwhile, my unit left China on 30/12 and according to the tracking is still in the air 5 days later!:lol: