pete

pattern transfer jig

Occasionally I would have trouble keeping my belts from shifting slightly when tracing a repeating pattern. Seems it would get off line even though I taped the tracing paper on both sides.

I took a ruler and glued it to a plastic board exactly the width of my 1 3/4" blank./ The free yardstick from the hardware store is exactly 8oz thick so it is flush with the blank. I trace and then slide the blank up to the next part of the pattern and my grooves never waver or get off line.

Edited by Northmount
removed corupt file

Hi Pete, I definitely wanted to have a look at the jig, but it seems like the file you uploaded somehow got detached or did not upload right. Would you mind reposting it for us, please?

That's a good idea, thanks

I cant see it ? 

The file uploaded by the OP is an Apple ( iphone ) proprietary** file type..usually I ( or others ) can convert them to something which non iphone users can see..but this time the leatherworker.net board system cannot find the file..

so..

Sorry guys..I cannot convert*** what cannot be found by the system..maybe Wiz or Tom can find it in archives and convert it into something sensible like jpeg ?

**works on "idevices" ..does not work in web browsers..not truly "proprietary", but not standard.in the same way as "lightning connectors" are not used by anyone other than idevice users.."shiny" ;-)

***Normally, I , or one of the other members that knows how to, converts them ( heic ) to jpeg if we spot them early enough..

Edited by mikesc

Here they are

Pete 1.jpg

pete 2.jpg

pete 3.jpg