Ferryman

Tycano knife sharpener

For all its complexity it would appear to rotate around a single point so when moving laterally along the blade the agle of cut would change admittedly buy a small amount

To be used i guess buy those more interested in knife sharpening than using the knife

It seems to be a refined version of the homemade one on youtube

gimmick! learn to sharpen with stones and don't depend on these types tools.

I bought a sharpening system based on this principle about 40 years ago for sharpening sheath and pen knives, they work well being very consistent in angle and by using a marker on the blade, such as the fingernail slot on a pen knife as a reference to mount it each time that angle was maintained so went straight to the fine stones, no need to reset the angle.

I think the finest stone in my set is 1000 so if used that for leather knives they would still need a bit more work to put a polish on them.

I still  use it occasionally if I need to reset the edge on a pen knife but maintain them with a ceramic sharpener. If I didn't already have it, would I buy it today ? possibly not.

Mark

Edited by mdawson