Sign in to follow this  
freak

Site Updates

Well i've noticed a few new feature that have been added. And because i noticed others have noticed as well or have you not noticed yet. LOL

Cool stuff Johanna i like it. Thanks for doing all you do behind the scenes.

Now if we can just figure out how to get more people in the live chat.

Yep, Freak, I got bold today and finally got the update done. I think I have straightened out the inevitable glitches, but please, everyone, let me know if something isn't working right so that I can look into it. We have new and improved spam control, new features for our profiles and topics, and a spell checker! Whoo-hoo! If anyone has any problems, just holler.

Johanna

:red_bandana:

Looks good, Johanna. You rock!

Soooooo, wherer is dis famous spell checkker hiding?

Edited by Regis

If you click "add reply" (not fast reply) and "post new topic" you should see the spell checker on the right at the top of the window where you compose the message, along with the tools to center align etc. It says "abc" and has a checkmark. All of the new icons have a hover feature that makes them identify themselves when you pass your cursor over top.

One of the new features is that the old "contacts" have been replaced with "friends" which also serves as the "auto-complete" for Private Messages. I colored the "upload" button bright green, and if you are having any difficulty posting attachments, let me know. If you haven't done so, please fill out the information in your profile so that people can learn a little about you, and the work you do. Please add your websites to your profile and/or signature, and take advantage of any extra publicity that the board generates.

Let us know if something isn't working right, or we can do a better job. If I can't fix it, I can call in the swat team. Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. You folks are great.

Johanna

Only glitch I find is in a forum thread listing the "Forum Options" dropdown near the top does not work anymore, same with the "Options" dropdown inside of a thread.

Michael Sheldon,

No one else seems to be having problems with the drop down menus, and I can't seem to duplicate the problem Perhaps you could try clearing your temp files?

Dsenette: oops, sorry. But ain't it pretty?

Johanna

Michael Sheldon,

No one else seems to be having problems with the drop down menus, and I can't seem to duplicate the problem Oerhaps you could try clearing your temp files?

Dsenette: oops, sorry. But ain't it pretty?

Johanna

Looks like it is a problem with Firefox, Johanna. I do get the drop down in IE 6, but not Firefox.

looks like it might be a problem with YOUR firefox....mine worked fine and so did johanna's

do y ou have any add on's installed? (they could be blocking the menu...haven't seen it happen but anything's possible right?)

Board working fine on Firefox Version 1.5.0.7 here.

Art

looks like it might be a problem with YOUR firefox....mine worked fine and so did johanna's

do y ou have any add on's installed? (they could be blocking the menu...haven't seen it happen but anything's possible right?)

Interesting.

I'm running FF 2.0.0.6

I went into Tools/Options/Content, and on the "Advanced" button for javascript, enabled the various functions, closed the dialog, the dropdown works, re-opened the javascript settings, and disabled all of the advanced options. It still works.

We have a confirmed glitch with AOL, and I'm reading IPB's help documentation right now to try to find a workaround. All but one user has been restored with simply resetting the password salt, so far. If anyone is having problems logging in, staying logged in, or seeing the drop downs, please let me know. We would like to get it corrected ASAP.

Johanna

An unrelated item:

On the old version, I could set my display options to the IPB default skin, which consisted of shades of blue. I can't find that option anymore. It's not a big deal, but I'm wondering whether other skins will ultimately be available? :)

Thanks, -A.

after the update it was decided to just offer the one option for the "mocha" skin. "we" feel that it fits better with the theme (leather don't come out blue naturally does it?) and generally suits the site a little better than the other options. it's not TERRIBLY difficult for us to offer different skins, but the extra effort that it would require doesn't seem to be necessary at the moment. i'm sure if there were some pressing need to offer more than one skin that we could discuss our options...but at the moment it doesn't seem to be a needed expenditure of energy

I doubt there will ever be a "pressing" need to re-add the default skin, it's just I found that color scheme a bit easier on the eyes...

Well, if you ever get around to it, just let me know! Thanks, -Alex :)

Monkey, don't be so grumpy! Here you go, Alex, a choice! :thumbsup:

Default skin enabled, by request!

Johanna

Monkey, don't be so grumpy!

Hey, I'm grumpy sometimes, too -- especially on Mondays! :devil: Thanks for adding that option back, Jo. Much appreciated.

Firefox 2.0.0.6. No add-ons. Scripts are enabled. If it becomes more of an interest item for me, I'll play with some settings and see if I can find anything.

I'm trying to figure it out, Dale. When you hover the mouse, do you even see the arrow? I have FF 1.0.4 (guess I need to update it, huh?) and it works okay. I'm going to check on the kids' computer as soon as I get them off for the night. (Theirs is up-to-date, or closer, anyway) Does the little box appear on a hover?

Thanks, Dale!

Johanna

When it was not working for me, I could see the arrow, and the box showed on hover, it was a "live link", but it looked like FF was not happy with the javascript that populated the list options.

Dragons Pearl posted an issue with Firefox, too, and I moved it to the computer section. Dale, could we get together with DP and exchange notes in that thread? You are a regular FF user, right? And it worked okay before the update?

Michael, you are correct. This board and the Live Cat feature use Javascript to perform many of the functions. Is your FF working correctly now? Thanks for posting how you resolved the problem.

Is there a way in FF to make a "trusted site" and give it broader permissions, like you can do in IE? A member let me know today that Norton had been blocking the pop ups with its "ad blocking" feature. Another member downloaded an updated version of Javascript and the problems she experienced went away. As far as I know, the AOL issues are corrected. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Thank you,

Johanna