CindyCLewis

Start of something

Started this project. It is just a scrap piece left from cutting out saddle bags. Practicing before I started carving on the bags. I followed Don Gonzales video series. I was just going to make a hot pad out of it but friends said that it was too nice for that. So now not sure what I will do with it, maybe a notebook cover. Pretty happy with it considering I have no idea what I am doing, but figuring it out. 

notebook1.jpg

Wow Cindy! If you have no idea what you're doing then I'm a howler monkey with a half eaten box of crayons in comparison! I love watching DG's videos and picking up techniques. Well done.

Very nice Cindy!  That will make a nice cover for something!

Definitely makin' progress over there... keep it up! :thumbsup:

Don's videos are pretty much the only ones I recommend.  Great looking designs and clear instructions.

THOUSANDS of videos out there these days, but most of them are just repeating what somebody else already did, and it's often the case that "those who can't DO, teach".  Don sometimes takes a bit to get to the point, but he ACTUALLY HAS a point (more than most can say) and may be just trying to be sure to convey the idea to others. 

Edited by JLSleather

Very nice. now don't waste it. Do another 4/5 then stitch em all together, make a top and bottom and you'll have a pouffe that will be an heirloom.

Thanks all. It’s 9-10 oz would it look weird sown to a 4-5oz for a book cover or something? Thinking dye it medium brown with some antique maybe? Little gun shy on dying though my practice pieces and scraps have not been coming out. But I will bite the bullet. 

frame it and use it for inspiration and as something to look back upon as you progress. Its really good.

Edited by chuck123wapati

1 hour ago, CindyCLewis said:

Little gun shy on dying though my practice pieces

That's what these pieces are for .. when you've practiced the stamping, then practice the dye ;)