It looks like Tandy Leather once again is trying to stay relevant in the leather crafting market. Although the Craftool Pro series of tools was a definite step up from the standard Craftool lineup, for the last two years, they have been trying to win back the serious hobbyist/small business as well as leather professionals alike by bringing in more professional grade tools. First they started with a new line of machines called TandyPro, which now also includes the Cobra series of sewing machines, as well as the Cowboy Outlaw. Just recently they add some Barry King tools as well as the TandyPro hand tools lineup made by a Chinese firm and are labeled Since: TandyPro® Hand Tools — Tandy Leather, Inc.  Although made in China, these tools actually look like pro quality tools. I haven't been able to get down to my Tandy store to check them out in person to see if their quality matches their looks.  Anyone here have any hands on experience with these tools? I would prefer a tool work exceptionally well, rather than look good, but if I can have a quality tool with looks to match, all that much better.

I see more new items at Tandy every time I go.  Too bad they skimp on estate.  It would be nice to go into a bigger store not as crowded.  Fortunately the salespeople at my Tandy in Phoenix are top notch.

It would help their cause if they stepped up the quality of their leather. They have really gone down hill in the last 10-15 years.

I tried to look at the tools at the local Tandy, but they would not let me try them, only look at them under glass.  I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff from them, it was a bit insulting to say the least, so I walked out.  No idea if they are any good and could care less after that, I'll support other craftsfolks making nice tools not from China or Tandy.

YinTx

Edited by YinTx