Samalan

Chest Holster for Ruger 44 mag

Sssswwweeeeet!

And some fur for your next project?

6 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Sssswwweeeeet!

And some fur for your next project?

No that's a customer I don't do much in fir anyway LOL

I need a friend come along hepp me carry that thing ;)

37 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

I need a friend come along hepp me carry that thing

you be right on dat one!

How do you draw that thing?

That's pretty nice! I like the reloads. And there is no way to draw a barrel that long fast. My guess is he grabs the bottom left strap with his left hand and the handle in his right. But now else could you carry it dressed as he is? I found a fox skin at a garage sale last year. Gave a buck for it and have yet to use it. Looking for someone who is a frontiersman who could use it as it should be.

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

Love the rig and the smile on the face of the little gentleman.

1 hour ago, Hags said:

And there is no way to draw a barrel that long fast.

Yeah, tha's like an 8" barrel... er 8 ana half?  My buddy got a super redhawk, made him a belt holster for it but my I couldn't wear it that way ... too hard on my KNEE :rofl:

13 hours ago, 327fed said:

How do you draw that thing?

I KNOW IT LOOKS CRAZY BUT TO MY AMAZEMENT HE DRAWS THAT THING WITH QUICK EASE 

9 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Love the rig and the smile on the face of the little gentleman.

Have you ever heard the song by Marty Robbins Mr. Shorty LOL LOL

8 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Yeah, tha's like an 8" barrel... er 8 ana half?  My buddy got a super redhawk, made him a belt holster for it but my I couldn't wear it that way ... too hard on my KNEE :rofl:

That's why it's on his chest his knees couldn't take it .  LOL

10 hours ago, Hags said:

That's pretty nice! I like the reloads. And there is no way to draw a barrel that long fast. My guess is he grabs the bottom left strap with his left hand and the handle in his right. But now else could you carry it dressed as he is? I found a fox skin at a garage sale last year. Gave a buck for it and have yet to use it. Looking for someone who is a frontiersman who could use it as it should be.

It's not like it's going to fall out but he does get it out surprisingly fast it comes out with one hand but your right even though it has a belt at the waist I think you still have a tendency to grab the bottom .

54 minutes ago, Samalan said:

It's not like it's going to fall out but he does get it out surprisingly fast it comes out with one hand but your right even though it has a belt at the waist I think you still have a tendency to grab the bottom .

most folks hunting coyotes set up an ambush and call em in. their gun is drawn a long time before the critter ever gets there. That is a nice rig by any standard and it looks like he could carry it cross draw also which would make it super easy to draw.. I woulda had it under that slicker.

Edited by chuck123wapati

52 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

most folks hunting coyotes set up an ambush and call em in. their gun is drawn a long time before the critter ever gets there. That is a nice rig by any standard and it looks like he could carry it cross draw also which would make it super easy to draw.. I woulda had it under that slicker.

looks like it should easy carry on a 4-wheeler too.. if that's a consideration.  or a snowmobile

19 hours ago, Samalan said:

No that's a customer I don't do much in fir anyway LOL

so how does it attach? just one strap over the shoulder and something on the belt? 

So this is that holster raw you can see the belt hole at the bottom of the holster  also the attachment at the trigger guard  and the top attachment d ring so the belt runs through from the back to front and over the front of the holster over to the buckle hope this explains the set up it works very well it took a long time to plan  out how it would work what a fun job.

20190807_160215-768x432.jpg

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

. I woulda had it under that slicker.

Yep me to ! for sure

33 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

looks like it should easy carry on a 4-wheeler too

That's true it sure would

19 minutes ago, Samalan said:

Yep me to ! for sure

That's true it sure would

very simple setup i like that belt attach it keeps it from flopping around i imagine. 

53 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

very simple setup i like that belt attach it keeps it from flopping around i imagine. 

Yes it holds it down on the draw also simple setup it is sometimes simple is the best way I left the toe open to let dirt and stuff but I am wondering if he thinks it's a rain hole so the holster doesn't fill up LOL

I have made several of the Ben Thompson type for single actions but they go under the opposite armpit crossdraw. Would love to see it in action. I really like where the cartridge loops are. 

14 hours ago, 327fed said:

I have made several of the Ben Thompson type for single actions but they go under the opposite armpit crossdraw. Would love to see it in action. I really like where the cartridge loops are. 

I watched him use it in my shop I said to him no no It go's higher like this he said no no it go's like this got to say he draws that thing out like nothing I do know one thing he is in love with it. I've got deer meat bear meet home made wine and all new lighting in my Factory and home shops talk about pay backs I owe him . LOL

Is the belt dedicated to the holster or uses the pants belt? Does he draw right handed or left? Is that a snap buckle on the strap at the top of the holster? It just looks very neat. Thanks for sharing it. Sorry for all the questions, just need to wrap my head around it. I have a 10 1/2 inch Blackhawk and I made a belt holster for it. Hangs past my knee. Too long for your type rig too I fear for me.  I just need to get taller. 

Edited by 327fed

1 hour ago, 327fed said:

Is the belt dedicated to the holster or uses the pants belt? Does he draw right handed or left? Is that a snap buckle on the strap at the top of the holster? It just looks very neat. Thanks for sharing it. Sorry for all the questions, just need to wrap my head around it. I have a 10 1/2 inch Blackhawk and I made a belt holster for it. Hangs past my knee. Too long for your type rig too I fear for me.  I just need to get taller. 

Is the belt dedicated to the holster yes does he draw right handed or left right is that a snap buckle at the top of the holster no it's a quick disconnect and screws I think you can do this for 10.5 " with no problem it might even be better set the lower loop a bit more to the middle of the holster that would work even better you can adjust this holster more to the center of your chest he has it were he likes it but not how i would were it that's for sure it's a simple build make one and have fun with it if I can help let me know .  Good luck 

I made a chest rig for a 9.5` 44 mag. My post is still up in holsters, super redhawk 44mag with aimpoint. Mine sit a bit more diagonally and have a different strap set up. Might work.