Sign in to follow this  
JustWakinUp

new workshop

Don't get the wrong idea, it's no where near the setup some of you have but it's my own. It's 10' x 12' that I sectioned off in the basement. I've been gearing up for the past few months to get a good start on leatherworking and so far all I have to show for it is this shop. I hope to be turning out some product soon, anyway here's my walk through.

NewWrkBnch.JPG

This is the new bench I built last weekend, I think I went overboard with the lag bolts

NewCutTble.jpg

The new cut table, probably going to turn into a dye table sooner than later withe Linux box sitting in the corner there.

sewcut.jpg

The new Artisan along with my added winter heating device (electrical radiator). Also you can see the 5 in 1 cutting tool(Simply love this thing)

wloshme.jpg

The wall of shame, This is where I put everything that I'm too disorganized to organize(hope that makes some sort of sense) A couple more computers adorn the wall of shame as shrek looks over the shop. Also some foam samples for footbeds of sandles I hope to be putting together soon.

post-2546-1192848676_thumb.jpg

post-2546-1192848690_thumb.jpg

post-2546-1192848704_thumb.jpg

post-2546-1192848710_thumb.jpg

Well that looks real good, nice and neat for now, but wait about a month and let's see again...LOL

Great job.

Ken

looks great like the look of the sturdy benches i could do with a new one and as for the tidyness well mine looks like a bomb has gon off at the moment... do you clean every day week month, i seem to only get around to it after every project. Don

Sure is a nice shop. You made everything real handy. How/where are you storing leather?

Hey Just,

I like the shop....very nice....cool workbench....Like those sturdy home made benchs....always the best kind.

Dave Theobald

Sure is a nice shop. You made everything real handy. How/where are you storing leather?

Haven't made it to the storing leather portion of the shop yet. Still working on tools.

Still need compressor/airbrush/drill press/Rivet Gun then I believe the bulk of the tools

will be in house then I can start stocking the leather. But storage of it may be an issue.

Any ideas?

i like that a lot ..lots of room and everything has its place. :thumbsup:

I have a shop very similar in size mine is only 10 x 20 so I understand your leather storage issue. I used rope looped on the ceiling and hung my rolled leather up there nice and tight to the ceiling. It doesnt collect much dust when youre busy.

Here's my shop, hopefully, only until I get my new shop built. Now you can see where my influence comes fromPG]

DSCF1416.JPGDSCF1414.JPGDSCF1415.JPG

post-1704-1194371524_thumb.jpg

post-1704-1194371555_thumb.jpg

post-1704-1194371601_thumb.jpg

A couple more;DSCF1413.JPGDSCF1417.JPG I should be starting construction on my new bigger shop next month. I need a bigger space to build my V-8 powered stretched '70 VW Bug. My metalworking tools are currently in the basement and I need to consolidate everything.

post-1704-1194372024_thumb.jpg

post-1704-1194372078_thumb.jpg

Busted

I love the place....every leather shop needs a shovelhead in the corner.

How big is the new place going to be?

Dave

Busted

Dave

Thanks Dave. It's going to be 16'x 24'. It will be built on 33 4'x 8" concrete piers and will have a wood floor. I would love to have a bigger place but money dictates the size. The current is 15'x10' .

Rivet gun? Whats that?? Do you mean one of those pop rivet gun things? Or do you mean there's something out there that automatically rivets stuff like with the rivets most of us use? Sorry for going on a tangent but if theres some unknown tool to me.... lol

A couple more;DSCF1413.JPGDSCF1417.JPG I should be starting construction on my new bigger shop next month. I need a bigger space to build my V-8 powered stretched '70 VW Bug. My metalworking tools are currently in the basement and I need to consolidate everything.

every shop needs at least one or two hot rod era pieces of art and a Ramones poster, far out!....nice shop ya got..i too am packed sardine like into one bay of my garage..but at least I am not on a kitchen table like some folks....it could always be bigger and better, but it could also be worse!! no?

Busted

Dave

yeah and it even comes with the optional pant shredder attachment....

....suffice it to say that once upon a time, I rode with an open

belt......yep ..i used to....... dont do that anymore..lol!!

looks cool, but youd best be on your toes at all times..and back in the day, I cant say i always was.

every shop needs at least one or two hot rod era pieces of art and a Ramones poster, far out!....nice shop ya got..i too am packed sardine like into one bay of my garage..but at least I am not on a kitchen table like some folks....it could always be bigger and better, but it could also be worse!! no?

T

That piston and rod came out of a friend's '41 Willy's at about 140mph at Indianapolis Raceway Park around 3/4 track. His wife drives it and is quite good at it.

Yes, it could be worse.

I love my belt drive! I have some nice lines on the heel of my boot from the motor pulley.

Edited by bustedlifter