Ray100

Consew 206 Rb1 Stitch Length

Hi im new to this forum , I have just gotten a new to me 206rb1 consew , the problem I am having is the stich length , its says in the book it can do 7mm stitch length ( wich is 3 3/8 stitches per inch ) but the best I could get it to do was 4 1/8 stitches per inch I replaced dog needle plate , and took it apart bottom end put it back together and fixing to set all the settings on this machine per the manual . Is there an adjustment that will reduce or lengthen the stitch other than the stitch lever ? Or 4 1/8 stitch per inch is the norm for this machine , any help would be appreciated thank you.

Send us some pics of the machine. I know the machine model but want to see pics of it to see if it has been "played with".

glenn

Is your adjustment knob on the reverse lever loose?

I can get about 5-6spi on my consew 206rb1

No it's not loose I have tried pulling it out a bit to gain extra length but no luck

Try pushing the feed dog front to back to check for play if so,try to find the source.

I have adjusted the play on that. the only play I am wondering is between the needle bar rock frame and the hinge stud . But I have measure the dog stroke with the adjusting lever at max stitch length an the stroke length is like .260 to achieve a 3 1/2 length it needs to be more like .290 of stroke

Colt is that the longest stitch your 206 Rb -1 can make? I bought mine because it could do longer stitches tha my 226 rb1 and had a bigger bobbin

Let me check

When I back my thread length all the way back, I can get 4.33 SPI. So looks like about the same as your machine.

2015-09-04%2018.21.39_zps9wh6xwxr.jpg

20150904_181946_zpsmyzx3w2b.jpg

Edited by Colt W Knight

One last question colt ? When you hit it in reverse does the stitches fall in the same hole or are they off ?

Mine falls in the same hole in reverse.

Mine do not so I have to figure out how to adjust that thaks for your input colt . shoe patcher I will try to get a photo bucket account to post the pictures so you can see them .

Those links aren't working for me.

Edited by Colt W Knight

Here ya go

FullSizeRender_zps59c6ece3.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps5a01a77b.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps5368f8f3.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps9e2dc206.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps97683e58.jpg

That wick looks really dry, how much oil is in the machine?

How you do that ? I could not doit . I have not oil it yet I got it working and whe I could not get it to stitch the long stitch length I started taking it apart and try to figure it out how to lengthen the stitch .if I fell better today I will start setting all the factory settings back and hope the needle will fall in the same hole when I put it in reverse .

I wouldn't run that machine with no oil, you don't want to scald the bushings and shafts. Ill post a vid of oiling points

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ojhh3gJr2KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/ojhh3gJr2KM

Edited by Colt W Knight

Did u aded a foot reverse to your consew colt? How does it work for you?

Yeah, its got an added pedal for the reverse. It works just fine. I would rather have a machine that had lever you could just flip for forward and reverse.

Here is the brochure, and it does contradict the owners manual specs for the maximum stitch length.

Consew206RB-1BrochureSpecs.pdf

So the stitch length is 3 the best I can do was 4 but it was not falling in the same hole in reverse so I started mesing with the inner presser foot and got it all out of time so I will try to get it back in time or hang up the gloves and get help .i was never able to get less tha 4 stitches per inch