Hags

A little over a year later....

I built this chest rig for a young man who is a timber cruiser on the Olympic peninsula in Washington state.  He spends most of his life in the woods of the Pacific northwest.  Lions, tigers and bears oh my. But really, we do have cougar and bear up here and they can be a threat. He spends most of his time busting brush estimating board feet of lumber in a given area deep in the forest. He tells me he wears this holster for his 6in S&W 686 44 mag 6 to 10 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week since last May,  2021. He came back for a pancake for his girlfriend's Glock 19 and a belt for each of them. This holster has held up very well with minimal maintenance.  He says he puts a little mink oil on it occasionally but that's it. The straps are like butter and molded to him, the holster is still very tight and still very firm. Very nice feeling to see your work used as intended. The photo of him wearing it is when new.

IMG_20210515_115527_921.jpg

1665849230748_20221014_184950.jpg

Looks right and tight ,  good honest wear just makes stuff stand out !!  :thumbsup:

It does a body good when you hear that kind of praise from a previous customer.  Glad he got back with you and that you shared it with us.

Still looking great. 

Wow thats a monster of a gun to carry all the time. Looks like your rig makes it easy and comfortable for him. Nice work great looking shoulder holster.:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Very good report, always good when someone takes the time to say something nice.  Most are quick to whine but stingy with praise.

This is a a cool post. There is some thing really nice about seeing honest wear on a working holster you made. I like them crisp and brand new with shiny, resolene finish for photos; But I also like the ones I made 15 years ago that are still fully functional, and worn through many adventures or just edc. 

Very nice work. I can see from the second picture that it has had some serious use in only a year and half but is holding up well.

Edited by doubleh