RedCliffsLeatherwork

Where to buy a zipper?

Hey everyone, just looking for some help here. I need a zipper for a custom project I'm doing. Where is the best place to get a heavy duty zipper? 

22 hours ago, RedCliffsLeatherwork said:

Hey everyone, just looking for some help here. I need a zipper for a custom project I'm doing. Where is the best place to get a heavy duty zipper? 

Look at the different types #10, chap, also 6' chain and parts to build zippers up to 6' long!

https://tandyleather.com/collections/hardware/Hardware_Zippers

#5 different types https://www.wawak.com/zippers/specialty/continuous/ykk-5-antique-brass-continuous-zipper-roll/#sku=rab51bk

Try Baltor and sons in San Fran. Huge stock and knowledge from Todd. 

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread. I am searching for a black zipper heavy duty. 
Need them in bulk. Who can help me with some suggestions? Searching for high-quality and good pricing. 

8 minutes ago, BeardyFrog said:

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread. I am searching for a black zipper heavy duty. 
Need them in bulk. Who can help me with some suggestions? Searching for high-quality and good pricing. 

Last week, I ordered the "YKK® #10 Separating Nylon Coil Zipper" from ZipperStop. Got a pretty good deal on them, too. The bulk price for 100 pieces was $516. 

Pro tip: if you sign up for their newsletter, they offer a 10% discount. I took advantage of it and ended up paying $464 for 100 pieces.

Found it on DontPayFull. There are more deals and discounts that might be handy in saving up some money for your projects. Good luck! 

zipper.jpg

Edited by NerdyLeather

@NerdyLeather - That actually sounds pretty expensive.  Are you by any chance connected with ZipperStop?

Buying 36" separating zippers, at least to me, is fairly limiting.  Much more versatile (not to mention cheaper) is to buy continuous zipper and then cut it to whatever length you need for your project.  Add zipper pulls and you're in business.  I generally buy my #10 YKK Vislon zipper from JT's Outdoor Fabrics.  The prices shown are in Canadian dollars (I'm in Canada) and even if we say the US and Canadian dollars are the same (which they're not) these prices are a lot cheaper than what you're uh, promoting.  Heck, even Wawak.com is cheaper!  And for finished #10 nylon coil 36" zippers (YKK), in a quantity of 20 or more, JT's price is only $4.75 US (at current exchange rates).

Much much better prices available than from ZipperStop.

10 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

@NerdyLeather - That actually sounds pretty expensive.  Are you by any chance connected with ZipperStop?

Buying 36" separating zippers, at least to me, is fairly limiting.  Much more versatile (not to mention cheaper) is to buy continuous zipper and then cut it to whatever length you need for your project.  Add zipper pulls and you're in business.  I generally buy my #10 YKK Vislon zipper from JT's Outdoor Fabrics.  The prices shown are in Canadian dollars (I'm in Canada) and even if we say the US and Canadian dollars are the same (which they're not) these prices are a lot cheaper than what you're uh, promoting.  Heck, even Wawak.com is cheaper!  And for finished #10 nylon coil 36" zippers (YKK), in a quantity of 20 or more, JT's price is only $4.75 US (at current exchange rates).

Much much better prices available than from ZipperStop.

My god, 516.00 for zippers. I had to look at it 3 times to see if I read it wrong. That's what I do is get like 20 ft and how ever many pulls with it. The ones you listed looks like a quality zipper.

At a local store I buy lightweight zippers 6 for £1 and heavy duty ones 4 for £1.50 - thats about 17p per light and 25p for heavy, Lengths available are only 6, 8, 10 & 12 inch, Same price for which ever chosen. For continuous lengths I get it either from Le Prevo or a sewing shop in England. afair the heavy duty was £1 per meter with discount on long lengths. The last lot I bought wasn't for me but for someone else, afair 10m was about £6 or £7 inc delivery, and included some stops and pull things

Wawak is the place to buy zipper and zipper parts

wawak.com