Frodo

Knife Sheath.

This Timber Rattler thought my front yard was a good place to hang out

45 up side the head and a skinning knife is what he found. Then I tanned the hide

this is my first attempt at an inlay. Please ignore the foot marks on the leather.3/8”. Is  to thick to fit under my foot and we’ll,,,, we had a fight and I ended up hand stitching

A1BAB863-3680-4733-97FA-0AC460B6B609.jpeg.fc5888be53a4ee80ddabcef486fe2077.jpeg

8CC35E46-8C45-4AF3-842B-15FB7C6DB844.jpeg

great pattern on the inlay.  Glad you were able to salvage it.  I have done patterns with inlays and screwed something up, only to toss the whole thing.  

Deciding what pattern for the inlay was the hard part

not bad:thumbsup:

Interesting variation on the belt loop. I have a K-Bar that I've struggled with a sheath. Maybe that's my answer.

I just today picked up a few pieces of Cobra hide to try some inlays.

Nope, not bad at all. Good use of a rattlesnake! 

13 hours ago, AlZilla said:

Interesting variation on the belt loop. I have a K-Bar that I've struggled with a sheath. Maybe that's my answer.

I just today picked up a few pieces of Cobra hide to try some inlays.

Cobra would look really good,  Are you getting the white cobra?  A black holster with a white inlay,   Oh my my that would look good

I like the D ring attachment it keeps the knife from being in the way

a different sheath with the D ring 

this was just wet formed and is still soft  needs more dye.  Not finished yet

image.thumb.jpg.0507198f5af6beb5131d0e2d67161023.jpg

very cool sheathes Frodo!!!!

12 hours ago, Frodo said:

Cobra would look really good,  Are you getting the white cobra?  A black holster with a white inlay,   Oh my my that would look good

They have black, blue and brown.  The cobra is much more subdued than the rattlesnake. I got one of each. The scales on the black are not as contrasted as the blue.  Very thin but seems to be durable. They almost feel fragile but I tried to tear a corner and it held up fine.

https://www.glacierwear.com/buckskin-leather-hides-deer-buckskin/snake-leather.html

I live close enough to go there.  I can't even describe the giant stacks of hides, skins, you name it.  Amazing place.

cobra1.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra3.jpg

On 2/16/2023 at 7:42 PM, AlZilla said:

They have black, blue and brown.  The cobra is much more subdued than the rattlesnake. I got one of each. The scales on the black are not as contrasted as the blue.  Very thin but seems to be durable. They almost feel fragile but I tried to tear a corner and it held up fine.

https://www.glacierwear.com/buckskin-leather-hides-deer-buckskin/snake-leather.html

I live close enough to go there.  I can't even describe the giant stacks of hides, skins, you name it.  Amazing place.

cobra1.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra3.jpg

I do not know the price, check Springfield leather they have a white cobra hide with head on,  

I like your Timber rattler inlay  Frodo and the D ring dangler is interesting indeed ! Good works !