Fraulein

Snakeskin wallet

RJust finished up this snakeskin wallet! Snakeskin is watersnake from Tandy, glued to a 4-5 oz veg. Interior is some black chrome that I had lying around, not sure exactly what it is. 

I put this design together for a birthday present for a very special person in my life. After months of secretly gathering information from him about what he wanted in a wallet I came up with this. The coin pocket and flap for extra card capacity were both things that I added specifically for him. I went with snakeskin for the exterior because he loves snakeskin. Laced the edges with a Mexican round braid which took me hours.

Overall pretty happy with how it turned out but I'll definitely do some things differently next time. He absolutely loved it though so I'm calling it a success.

IMG_20230423_101237885_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230423_101257888_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230423_101314290_HDR.jpg

I'd call that a success by any measure.  Well done!

that is a beautiful piece and the love and hard work you put into it shows IMO. 

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

I'd call that a success by any measure.  Well done!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

that is a beautiful piece and the love and hard work you put into it shows IMO. 

Thank you! Definitely put a lot into that one

My most favorite projects are creating something specific for that someone special!  Even if it is simple, the joy in their eyes when they receive it is priceless.  The wallet looks great!  Thanks for sharing!!!!

9 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

My most favorite projects are creating something specific for that someone special!  Even if it is simple, the joy in their eyes when they receive it is priceless.  The wallet looks great!  Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thank you!! Yes, that's the best kind of work! Feels way more special to me than buying something when I can pour myself into a project like this.

Beautiful.  And real snakeskin too.  And I completely agree with Pastor Bob.  Doing something for somebody else and having them enjoy it is always a wonderful feeling.

Good job.

/dwight

Awesome wallet great job you did on it.

I to agree that making something for that special someone is more satisfying then anything we do for paying customers.

4 hours ago, DwightT said:

Beautiful.  And real snakeskin too.  And I completely agree with Pastor Bob.  Doing something for somebody else and having them enjoy it is always a wonderful feeling.

Good job.

/dwight

3 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Awesome wallet great job you did on it.

I to agree that making something for that special someone is more satisfying then anything we do for paying customers.

Thank you so much guys! Definitely one of the best feelings out there when you get to give somebody a handmade-heartfelt gift!

OUTSTANDING !!!!!  That looks awesome .

Nice! that's some great work.