MtlBiker

What is this kind of buckle called, and where to get it?

I need some high(er) quality things, snap shackles, whatever they are called, and it must be my old age but I just can't think of what these things are called.  Snap shackles brings up a different kettle of fish than what I'm looking for, but if you folks could help me with what this is called, it sure would be easier to search for it...

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 7.15.06 PM.png

1 hour ago, MtlBiker said:

Snap shackles brings up a different kettle of fish than what I'm looking for, but if you folks could help me with what this is called, it sure would be easier to search for it...

Try searching for swivel hooks, swivel snaps and or swivel snap hooks.

kgg

Edited by kgg

12 hours ago, TomE said:

Batz Corp calls them safety hooks. Not sure if you need the exact shape shown in your picture. https://products.batzusa.com/category/safety-hooks

Thanks, but those look too industrial... I'm looking for something really nice looking, refined, that could be used on a purse strap for example.  Something that's not just a run of the mill snap.

11 hours ago, kgg said:

Try searching for swivel hooks, swivel snaps and or swivel snap hooks.

kgg

Thank you!  Swivel snap hook seems to be the best search term.  I've been through the dozen Amazon pages using that search term and still didn't find anything as attractive as the one I pictured.  I guess I'll have to try eBay, Etsy or maybe even Aliexpress.

2 hours ago, kgg said:

Thank you (again!).  But I'm looking for nicer ones, like the one in my photo, and smaller size... these are for 1.5" straps and I need ideally 1/2" or possibly 5/8".  3/4" is already larger than I want.

If you scroll down the page here, you'll see a better view of the clip I want.  It's an animated photo so I couldn't get a screen shot.  Probably no more functional than any other, but I think they look darn cool and would love to use them on some of my projects.

But I'm looking for nicer ones, like the one in my photo, and smaller size... these are for 1.5" straps and I need ideally 1/2" or possibly 5/8".  3/4" is already larger than I want.

I think these are probably a specialty clip that is produced solely by or for Sleepypod as the clip has sleepypod molded into the face of the clip. You could try and order one from Sleepypod in the size you would like.

kgg

Maybe  search " swivel carabiners "   Don't know if this is what you are looking for but it's 1/2 strap slot .

PANDENGZHE 360º Swivel Rotating Locking Carabiner 2" for Securing Pets, Dog Leash and Harness, Camping, Hiking, Backpack, Keychains

Edited by Gezzer

Never seen one like it, but I'll give you my opinion: Whereas the snap looks to be nice solid quality for a cat harness, I wouldn't call it "refined" or think it suitable for a purse with its orange mobile part. 

Btw, try "swivel carabiner" as a search term... The part looks similar to what mountain climbers use, only smalller.

8 hours ago, Gezzer said:

That's really nice... pretty much exactly what I'd like.  But unfortunately that appears to be a manufacturer and since I only need a small handful of them, (less than a dozen would last me a good long while) it's unlikely they would sell to me.  But I will contact them just in case.  How on earth did you find them?

Thank you!

On 6/22/2023 at 12:47 AM, Klara said:

Never seen one like it, but I'll give you my opinion: Whereas the snap looks to be nice solid quality for a cat harness, I wouldn't call it "refined" or think it suitable for a purse with its orange mobile part. 

Btw, try "swivel carabiner" as a search term... The part looks similar to what mountain climbers use, only smalller.

Hi Klara,

I probably shouldn't admit this, but since I have 4 cats (without which I may not have survived the several Covid lockdowns we went through) it is exactly for cat leashes that I wanted to get these snap hooks.  You are right that these are probably not suitable for nice purses and bags, but I have other styles which I do use for bags and purses but I really like the look of these and wanted to get some.  And according to the website @Gezzer linked to, other colors are available also.

Cheers!

But I will contact them just in case.  How on earth did you find them?

Thank you!

It would be worth a try to contact them ..... even if they will not sell to you , they should be able to put you in touch with a retailer .

Pure hard headedness  :lol:   luck !