Gezzer

Missed

My daughter and son-in-law lost their dog of 10 years 2 weeks ago . This is my tribute to all the hearts this dog touched and it was quite a few .  Now all I have to do is decide when to give it to them , I am leaning towards waiting  a month or two .  Just not sure about timing ............

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

Timing, both awkward and needs to be just right.

The way I would handle it is; wait for their next visit. Tell them and show them the plaque, just telling them you felt like making it. When they say how loverly it is and before any tears start, just ask, in a sort of telling them way 'Here, you can keep this'

I understand the pain all too well. Nice job.

@fredk   I think your advice might be just right . Thanks

@tsunkasapa  Thank you !!

Yeah, be real careful about taking their temperature.  I lost a little pal a few years ago and I really, really wouldn't want a reminder of that loss.  I've cried more over that little guy than any human being I've ever lost. I still do.

Very nice heartfelt work. I will take an ok dog over 90% of the human population anytime. And a good dog is irreplaceable but its great to have the memories.

Its a Beautiful and thoughtful gift and I'm sure they will appropriate it.

I spend a lot of time with my best friend his wife and their dogs I love Photography and Dogs are fun to photograph. When their Irish Setter Passed I looked thru my Pictures of Her and found a nice one and made a large canvas print for them. They loved it and hung it in their home office.

11 hours ago, AlZilla said:

Yeah, be real careful about taking their temperature.  I lost a little pal a few years ago and I really, really wouldn't want a reminder of that loss.  I've cried more over that little guy than any human being I've ever lost. I still do.

I know what you mean , I lost the best dog I ever had 6 years ago . I could count on 1 hand the number of people on this earth that I thought more of than that dog !!!   Every once in a while still feel her jump up on the foot of the bed at night ............

10 hours ago, HandyDave said:

Very nice heartfelt work. I will take an ok dog over 90% of the human population anytime. And a good dog is irreplaceable but its great to have the memories.

Thank you !         and   AMEN

4 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Its a Beautiful and thoughtful gift and I'm sure they will appropriate it.

I spend a lot of time with my best friend his wife and their dogs I love Photography and Dogs are fun to photograph. When their Irish Setter Passed I looked thru my Pictures of Her and found a nice one and made a large canvas print for them. They loved it and hung it in their home office.

Thank you !   I do think they will like it  and see it as an honoring  gesture .