Rossr

2 knives and sheaths I finished up

The big one is a custom order the smaller one is a gift.  Made the knives and the leather work.  Leather is wicket and Craig skirting leather dyed.  And the red lining on the smaller  is deer skin.  Just some simple basket weave and plain om the big one.  Just thought I'd share.

Ross

20230820_121005.jpg

20230820_120732.jpg

20230820_120743.jpg

20230820_121844.jpg

20230820_121736.jpg

Both are mighty nice. Good work on the knives and the leather. I like BW on knife sheaths. Much more so than on holsters.

Great work

they are really nice indeed!

15 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

Both are mighty nice. Good work on the knives and the leather. I like BW on knife sheaths. Much more so than on holsters.

Thanks.  To me the basket weave is always nice in small bits on these cause it's easier to keep uniform and looks tight and neat

15 hours ago, Simplejack1985 said:

Great work

Appreciate that 

2 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

they are really nice indeed!

Thank you Chuck

Great stuff all around!  The big question is how to get on your gift list!  :rofl:

Very nice all around!

On 8/21/2023 at 9:44 AM, Tugadude said:

Great stuff all around!  The big question is how to get on your gift list!  :rofl:

Thanks lol.   

10 minutes ago, Hags said:

Very nice all around!

Thank u

19 minutes ago, Fraulein said:

Those look great! How did you do the edge on the one with deer lining? It looks like some kind of rolled edge but I can't tell how you did it.

Thanks and Yes it's a rolled edge,   learned it from Paul Longs videos on sheath making.   When the sheath is open before sewing u lay the good side of each to each other and then stitch it down the one side of the belt loop . Then put contact cement on each and roll it over.   U then skive the deer skin back from the edges glue the welt in and stitch the sheath. Well u have to stitch the belt loop first then welt etc  I think it's a really nice touch and also helps retain the knife in place.

Hope that makes sense.

Ross

Yup:17: all of that :yes: Fine work :specool:.

Theres a little superstition , , that if you give a knife for a gift, the receiver gives a coin to the gift giver so as not to ' cut the friendship' . Does that apply over there? 

HS 

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

Theres a little superstition , , that if you give a knife for a gift, the receiver gives a coin to the gift giver so as not to ' cut the friendship' . Does that apply over there? 

HS 

Thanks,

Yes that exists here although many don't know of the tradition or superstition.  I always thought it was neat.  

Ross

4 hours ago, Handstitched said:

HS 

I love that!  Never heard that, but I love it.  I hope we don't lose all of those sorts of traditions, but it appears they are all fading away.  

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

I hope we don't lose all of those sorts of traditions, but it appears they are all fading away.  

I think its important that these little traditions & superstitions are maintained so they don't disappear, and should be passed down. 

I do have a passing interest in maritime superstitions, but thats too far off topic for here. 

HS