Mocivnik

Fiebings shutting down?

Somewhere I've read, that Fiebings being discontinued to work since 31.12.2023. Anyone knows anything about this, is this the real deal or just gimmick?

That'll be a pain in the butt to replace . . . 

Just hope if it happens that Tandy picks up a decent line of dyes

May God bless,

Dwight

If its not reported here nor on the maker's website then I ignore these "we're doomed" announcements on other web sites

Just last night I read on you tube that the actor Richard 'John-boy Walton' Thomas had died in a car wreck last week. No he hasn't, he's alive and well, not been a car accident at all

The news is that Canada is passing new laws on VOC's and fiebings smaller bottles will no longer be available in Canada, only large production containers(1 gallon and up). I haven't seen a statement by Fiebings but here's the article and a link to the new/updated Canadian regulations: https://www.zelistore.com/en-ca/blogs/news/new-voc

5 hours ago, SpruceMoose said:

The news is that Canada is passing new laws on VOC's and fiebings smaller bottles will no longer be available in Canada, only large production containers(1 gallon and up). I haven't seen a statement by Fiebings but here's the article and a link to the new/updated Canadian regulations: https://www.zelistore.com/en-ca/blogs/news/new-voc

Okay, might be slightly annoying, but im glad noone knows anything :D i cant really remember, where I've read it, but I remember people were "stocking on dies" and just to be on the safe side, I asked others aswell. Thanks all for the information!

6 hours ago, SpruceMoose said:

Something else to smuggle into the country?:whistle:

15 hours ago, dikman said:

It's stated that commercial production quantities will still be for sale, 1 gallon and up, no need to smuggle, just a steeper restock, at 200+ a gallon jug. As a smaller business I 've stocked up a bit on some colors in 1 quart so i don't have to drop so much money on dye all at once. I just hop that sellers will stock colors other than the standard brown and black in big gallons.

Someday I'll try the low voc, but for now i'll be grumpy old man yelling about not liking change lol

Edited by SpruceMoose

On 9/30/2023 at 5:40 PM, dikman said:

Canada....and I live here

On 9/30/2023 at 9:40 PM, dikman said:

Something else to smuggle into the country?

You can probably buy it off one of the reservations just like smokes and gas.

kgg