farmkidkoko

Rifle Scabbard with Butt Cover - Advice/Pattern Wanted

Hey all!

A customer is looking for a scabbard with butt cover (like this one), and I'm having problems finding a pattern.  Thinking I could probably just make my own, but I'm wondering how you'd do the butt cover - same piece of leather as the scabbard, but it just folds over?  Or would you stitch it on separately?  Any good ideas out there?

61jadlE50-L.jpg

If I was doing it . . . same piece of leather . . . just pull it around and snap it.

Things like that . . . patterns are a piece of cake to make . . . buy a stack of manila file folders . . . cut em off square all the way around . . . 1 1/2 inch masking tape on both sides of all seams . . . fold that dude over the gun . . . mark it with a pencil . . . cut it with scissors . . . leave an extra inch all the way around . . . the cut and trim the leather to fit.  

May God bless,

Dwight

1 minute ago, Dwight said:

If I was doing it . . . same piece of leather . . . just pull it around and snap it.

Things like that . . . patterns are a piece of cake to make . . . buy a stack of manila file folders . . . cut em off square all the way around . . . 1 1/2 inch masking tape on both sides of all seams . . . fold that dude over the gun . . . mark it with a pencil . . . cut it with scissors . . . leave an extra inch all the way around . . . the cut and trim the leather to fit.  

May God bless,

Dwight

Awesome!  Thank you for that - I was trying to think of what kind of paper I could use to make the pattern - manila folders are perfect!

The heavy brown paper they sell at home improvement stores for protecting the floor during renovations works good too.  It is not as stiff as manilla folders but it comes in rolls 3 feet wide so no piecing together.

Todd

I use the Manila folders as well. But, the divder cardboard in the TP stacks at Costco or any other big box store works great. I use them for large patterns and as a staining barrier. Free as well.