Leather2

Sheridan Basketweave Shave Kit

I recently finished up this shave kit. Let me know what you think, and any critique on construction and tooling will be appreciated. 

Thank you,

JC

IMG_6668.thumb.jpg.2d886c260937f46a22192713f82fad0d.jpg

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

That's Sexy!!! Nice work! Beautiful piece. 

Wow!  That looks amazing … thanks for sharing :)

No complaints.  That's top drawer craftsmanship.

That is BEU T FUL!:banana:

It all looks great. The only critique I’d have is the orientation of the basket stamping. Running slightly downhill to the left. Early on one of the best stampers I know gave me advice to make my basket stamping rows come out parallel with the  edge top and bottom. There is a tutorial somewhere on the forum here I did several years ago how to set and maintain that angle. 

I'm not qualified to offer any criticism of that bag. I am qualified to say I love the little detail of the zipper pull.

Overall, just a "wow" piece!  I don't recall being clean shaven in about 40 years, but a bag like that might make me take it up again.. :)

The tooled part is obviously veg tan. What kind of leather is the rest?

Edited by AlZilla

1 hour ago, bruce johnson said:

It all looks great. The only critique I’d have is the orientation of the basket stamping. Running slightly downhill to the left. Early on one of the best stampers I know gave me advice to make my basket stamping rows come out parallel with the  edge top and bottom. There is a tutorial somewhere on the forum here I did several years ago how to set and maintain that angle. 

I’m not sure I understand. Are you meaning that running a basket weave horizontally is better than angled?

1 hour ago, AlZilla said:

I'm not qualified to offer any criticism of that bag. I am qualified to say I love the little detail of the zipper pull.

Overall, just a "wow" piece!  I don't recall being clean shaven in about 40 years, but a bag like that might make me take it up again.. :)

The tooled part is obviously veg tan. What kind of leather is the rest?

the base is veg tan as well, the gusset is chap leather.

JUST WOW!!!!!:thumbsup: :cheers:  :notworthy:

29 minutes ago, Leather2 said:

I’m not sure I understand. Are you meaning that running a basket weave horizontally is better than angled?

I think what @bruce johnson was saying is that you determine the correct angle for a given basket weave stamp.  The idea (or ideal) is to set your angle up so the bottom corner of your stamp starts at your bottom border for each line of stamps.  Bruce, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.  JM2C,  Jim

3 minutes ago, jrdunn said:

I think what @bruce johnson was saying is that you determine the correct angle for a given basket weave stamp.  The idea (or ideal) is to set your angle up so the bottom corner of your stamp starts at your bottom border for each line of stamps.  Bruce, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.  JM2C,  Jim

Ok, That makes since, thanks!

That is one amazingly beautiful bag!!!$

Looks great! The tooling and BW stamping is good. Bruce's suggested adjustment would make a slight but nice improvement to the BW. As AIZilla mentioned, the blood knot on the zipper pull looks good.

Edited by MarshalWill

Here’s the quick tutorials I did several ago for angled basket stamping. Still pinned at the top of that forum section but the pictures seem  out of order. May have been because of the meltdown the forum had sometime back then. 

5 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

Here’s the quick tutorials I did several ago for angled basket stamping. Still pinned at the top of that forum section but the pictures seem  out of order. May have been because of the meltdown the forum had sometime back then. 

Thank you!