bladegrinder

Couple of new holsters...

These are both for a Glock 19, the first one has an Elephant hide overlay. the second one is a standard holster. Thanks for looking!

resized 1.jpg

resized 2.jpg

resized 6.jpg

Nice work! They look great! May I ask how you determine you tool work area? How did you get it so perfectly over the weapon?

Beautiful work.

Thanks.

Nice work! 

41 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Nice work! They look great! May I ask how you determine you tool work area? How did you get it so perfectly over the weapon?

Beautiful work.

Thanks.

Thanks Diesel, I mark my stitch line around the gun from the pattern, then do the stamping.

41 minutes ago, Hags said:

Nice work! 

Thanks Hags!

Thanks I appreciate it. 

Well done!

Nice job, the elephant is nice looking, how was it to work with? I have a question the close toe of the holster, what is the benefit over open or is it personal preference.  Looked closer, is it just formed?  Thanks

Edited by WalterF

2 hours ago, WalterF said:

what is the benefit over open or is it personal preference.  Looked closer, is it just formed? 

I like the rigs ,but I didnt' realize they were closed.

Only thing this needs is the slots dyed.

5 hours ago, WalterF said:

Nice job, the elephant is nice looking, how was it to work with? I have a question the close toe of the holster, what is the benefit over open or is it personal preference.  Looked closer, is it just formed?  Thanks

Thanks Walter, actually the toe isn't closed it just looks kind of like that in the picture. the holster is about 3/4" longer then the gun slide so the vacuum bag pulled the ends in, there's still an opening there.

That Elephant hide is nice looking, I tried dying a small piece but it didn't look good at all. I believe this is tanned the natural color. I'd say this was about 3oz. it seems easy to work with but there is zero stretch,even when wet.

3 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I like the rigs ,but I didnt' realize they were closed.

Only thing this needs is the slots dyed.

Thanks JLS, like I told Walter, those ends just appear to be closed in the picture. I didn't dye the slots because I was worried it might bleed out to the front or back. the brown holster is oil tanned from the sun, I didn't want to risk having the dye weep out to the front or back.

Both holsters show some nice clean work. I am not seeing any sight channels on them. This may be ok for Glocks and others that have very low profile front sights. It would not be good for many other guns, however. I would recommend adding in sight channels to your future builds. 

Thanks Bolt, I have added sight channels for the couple revolvers holsters I’ve done. I haven’t done them for Glocks or the few 1911s I’ve done, for those they seem to work ok without sight channels.