Sirc

Holster for Pruning Shears

First time wet molding to make a holster for some pruning shears. I used Fiebing's Oxblood Leather Dye  and Pure neatsfoot oil along with EcoFlo top finish to give it a nice protective layer plus a nice shine to it.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 153723.png

That looks great. Nice work! Thanks for sharing your dye used. I think I just found a new favorite color dye. 

Outstanding work. 

Super neat. Looks like you've managed to get a lot of depth in that front piece, did you make a former or mould directly around the shears?

Looks good

That's first class. For my pruning shears I just used a test holster I made out of some belly scrap. Yours is fine workmanship.

Great work and I love the color also...might have to get me some

Nice work on the molding. Maybe nice with a matching leather wrap to replace the red plastic sleeving?

On 2/1/2024 at 6:16 PM, AlexOstacchini said:

Super neat. Looks like you've managed to get a lot of depth in that front piece, did you make a former or mould directly around the shears?

Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately I don't know what a former is, but yes I made a mold directly around the shears.

A 'former' is simply something in the shape of what you want to mould around instead of using the actual item. In this case, a wood block made to the shape of the shears