THE LEATHER TATTOO MACHINE BY 21GRAMS LEATHER GOODS

Introducing a groundbreaking innovation in leather crafting: 21Grams Leather Tattoo Machine, meticulously designed with custom cartridges crafted over years of refinement to deliver the perfect leather hit. Say goodbye to the strain of the swivel knife and hello to precision and ease. With optimal pressure and speed control, this machine empowers artisans to achieve unparalleled results, evoking the sensation of hand-drawing on leather. The astounding feedback from out customers speaks volumes about its effectiveness.

**Pro Kit - $300**
This kit includes a standard-size machine, charger, thin liner, thick liner, round shader, small smooth shader, medium smooth shader, and large smooth shader.

**Cartridges/Tips - $25 each or $150 for a 6-pack set**
Get consistent performance with our premium cartridges and tips.

IMG_20240214_110951_7042-222x300.jpeg

IMG_20240214_153030_284-113x150.jpeg

IMG_20240214_153033_768-225x300.jpeg

IMG_20240214_153053_134-240x300.jpeg

IMG_20240214_153103_587-240x300.jpeg

Nice work. I checked them out a month or month & half ago. I was debating if I wanted to spend the money to get into a different technique. 

The results look nice  but look evidently machine-made and not hand-made, at least what is shown on their site. 

Edited by SUP

I think this could be a great way to introduce leatherwork to people with limited or no use of one arm.

42 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Looks like they are located in Kansas according to their IP address. 

Lol I'm in kansas. Wonder how come I dont see or hear more about them. 

12 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Lol I'm in kansas. Wonder how come I dont see or hear more about them. 

Kansas City (Downtown Kansas City), Missouri, 64106

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

Looks like they are located in Kansas according to their IP address. 

21Grams is based out of California actually, Dennis is the sole creator of the leatherwork and the designer of the Leather Tattoo Machine. I (Kylie) am just the business manager behind the scenes, based out of Kansas, that's where you see my address on the forums lol. 

It looks like you aren't gaining any friends here.  We don't tolerate several advertising posts the same day, same content, with no useful information for members here.  Occasionally, a member will post an ad and that is reasonable.  What you have done is not.  If you want to advertise here, buy a banner ad and support leatherworker.net.  Contact @Johanna to purchase a banner ad.

If you continue to post like today's posts, you will be permanently banned from the site.  You were given an opportunity to prove yourself and so far have failed.  I have hidden your additional posts you made today, and as you can see, members are watching and not happy being spammed.

It looked like an interesting tool and maybe useful to some members.  That is the only reason this post was allowed to stand.  You will be under moderation going forward.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:48 AM, KParker said:

21Grams is based out of California actually, Dennis is the sole creator of the leatherwork and the designer of the Leather Tattoo Machine. I (Kylie) am just the business manager behind the scenes, based out of Kansas, that's where you see my address on the forums lol. 

Edited by Northmount
fixed typo

Saw this on Face Book. It didn't seem to be getting much traction there either.

An interesting idea that reminded me of something else I had seen, it took me a day to remember. I saw a similar device to do engraving on metal rather than using a hammer and engraving bit. It could have its uses, I guess, and would certainly be quicker than the traditional methods but I think you would have to have a delicate touch to compare with manual tooling, it would be very easy to overdo it.

The concept is not exactly new but this tooling is. It looks like it is a handy size. Several years ago there was an oscillating handpiece sold with a rotary shaft tool. I can't remember the name but had one. Later JJ Maxwell sold one similar. They worked off the oscillating action and at least the one I had came with a chuck big enough most regular stamps could fit with no modification. Some people use the GraverMax for silver engraving and modified tools to fit that handpiece. Barry King offered to turn down the shanks of his stamps to fit in that handpiece and may still do that on request.

I am not going to throw out the baby with bathwater on any of these. Several years ago I had dislocated my thumb (done it a few times) and was facing a bunch of orders with hard deadlines. Swivel knives and a lot of stamping hits were a problem. I borrowed a swivel tip cutter and gripped it with a fist to cut lines. I had the oscillating handpiece on the rotary shaft tool and that ran the walking stamps like bevelers and shaders. It saved a lot of hits. There is a definite place for these type tools, I passed mine on to someone with some physical issues to use when I healed. If this had been 19 years ago, Id have ordered this last Thursday.