Thadrick

Yeah, my kids are spoiled

Just finished and still warm. I can usually knock out a holster fairly quick but this one seemed to drag on and on. 

This one is for my unique daughter in law. Everything she wants is unique so she asked for a "reverse cross draw" rig. I dont know if thats a lagitimate  name or not but the holster rides in the center of he butt cheeks and reach around to draw???? OK I can do that... LOL.

Then she has a mofidite knife she wanted added also. How do i build a sheath for that thing? 

Anyhow... ITS DONE!!! yeah me!

Does anyone have a better idea for the sheath? 

KIMG2164.JPG

KIMG2163.JPG

KIMG2162.JPG

KIMG2161.JPG

That's definitely a unique knife, and a good looking rig.  I'm not sure why she would want to have the gun behind her back.  Having a gun in the small of your back is a good place for concealed carry, but its not very concealed when wearing a full gun belt.  As long as it works for her.  It looks great, and I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it.

That's an outstanding rig. It looks like you met her criteria just right. The only thing I might try differently is to open the top stitch line of that sheath so the knife can be drawn upwards. Kind of like making a carry sheath for a leather round knife. Of course, that probably wouldn't retain it as well but it might be another way to try it. It might not work out, either. Your design is definitely good. Good work.

Love the rig

gotta have that knife IMG_1291.jpeg.daa3dd14a76360d321765fa56be7f7ea.jpeg

"Reverse cross-draw?":lol: In other words, a canted left-side holster. Good work, though.

Nice tooling, and design. 

Thanks all

I think the design is dumb but the good news is, I'm prolly going to get to build a replacement 

2 hours ago, Thadrick said:

Thanks all

I think the design is dumb but the good news is, I'm prolly going to get to build a replacement 

Ah, another one to look forward to. Thumbs-up!

12 hours ago, Frodo said:

Love the rig

gotta have that knife IMG_1291.jpeg.daa3dd14a76360d321765fa56be7f7ea.jpeg

You dont want it. I put a file to it and it was too soft. The blade portion of the blade should have been made of harder steel

13 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

That's an outstanding rig. It looks like you met her criteria just right. The only thing I might try differently is to open the top stitch line of that sheath so the knife can be drawn upwards. Kind of like making a carry sheath for a leather round knife. Of course, that probably wouldn't retain it as well but it might be another way to try it. It might not work out, either. Your design is definitely good. Good work.

I was thinking that too?  The biggest design flaw is that the knife rides on the hip and doesnt bend around. I put it forward as far as I could so there would be less radious but I still think it wrinkles up a little and doesnt lay flat. I was thinking the type of sheath you suggested might distort more and then pop the snap and fall out. 

I havent given it to her yet, maybe Ill try it and see?

Thadrick   
the design is a good design

it resembles an ulu knife. Also known as a round knife which are sought after by leather workers

Left hand  (back)Reverse cross draw

and/or. Right hand cross draw (front)

on a 45 degree Kant

IMG_0541.thumb.jpeg.41accf7dec8212dd44e057478d4e3124.jpeg

8 hours ago, Thadrick said:

I was thinking that too?  The biggest design flaw is that the knife rides on the hip and doesnt bend around. I put it forward as far as I could so there would be less radious but I still think it wrinkles up a little and doesnt lay flat. I was thinking the type of sheath you suggested might distort more and then pop the snap and fall out. 

I havent given it to her yet, maybe Ill try it and see?

That's a good consideration. It would have to be allowed to stick out front and back to work at all and then it would be questionable. You might have to make it steel lined like a holster to keep it from flexing too much. That would keep it from cutting the stitches, though.

I envision  the sheath being as you have it but on the inside of the belt with an added strap on the handle 

you could s actually pop the rivets 

turn the sheath around  re-rivet using same holes   With your sheath on the other side of the belt 

IMG_1294.jpeg.fa99e607ee80314c07c85f1dd5ba6a77.jpeg

wow really nice work crazy knife LOL

I like the overall look of the design, if somewhat uncertain of the practical functionality.  Definitely a fun piece, maybe the bastard lovechild of Mad Max and Calamity Jane.

But I don't see her sitting down in the car to drive. Maybe she can ride her horse to the grocery store.  :)

I took it out to her today, She absolutely loves it...LOL. We'll see for how long though. I discovered that her pistol fits my ruger wrangler holsters perfectly so at least when her birthday gets closer I can build her a propper rig. LOL Maybe Ill build her a unique knife thats not so bastardized to go with it. lol