DieselTech

Sewing machine clone. What model?

Guys & gals I'm curious if any of you know what clone model of sewing machine this would be? 

It says it's a large shuttle bobbin model if that makes a difference in identifying. 

Is there a abundance of presser feet for this model? 

To me it looks like a cobra 26 or a consew 227r.

Does anybody got any insight on this style/model of sewing machine? 

I would like to set this up for 138 thread only. 

Thanks. 

phpE4fy1AAM.jpg

Edited by DieselTech

I'd say it's a clone of a Pfaff 335 (the 335 in the model number is a giveaway). It's also a binder, so if you want to use it as a "normal" machine you will have to change the feet and the needle plate (and possibly feed dog?). It also probably has the backwards/forwards feed dog, not the usual oscillating feed dog. Kwok Hing should have some feet, plates etc, they did for my old-casting 335.

2 hours ago, dikman said:

I'd say it's a clone of a Pfaff 335 (the 335 in the model number is a giveaway). It's also a binder, so if you want to use it as a "normal" machine you will have to change the feet and the needle plate (and possibly feed dog?). It also probably has the backwards/forwards feed dog, not the usual oscillating feed dog. Kwok Hing should have some feet, plates etc, they did for my old-casting 335.

Ok thanks. What is this pfaff 335 like compared to a cobra class 26 or consew 227r? 

What is the cobra class 26 machine based off of? 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DieselTech said:

What is the cobra class 26 machine based off of?

The Cobra 26 I think is sort of a clone of the Juki LS-1341 but with a Alder hook/ bobbin assembly. The 335 based machines are less capable then either the Cobra 26 or the Consew 227R.

kgg

2 hours ago, kgg said:

The Cobra 26 I think is sort of a clone of the Juki LS-1341 but with a Alder hook/ bobbin assembly. The 335 based machines are less capable then either the Cobra 26 or the Consew 227R.

kgg

Thanks kgg. I just recently spent $4000 on a cobra class 4, & now I'm trying to cheap out on a smaller machine. Something I can set up with 138 thread & not break the bank. 

This machine is designed primarily as a binder, only get this if you specifically want a binder. I suggest you keep looking.:)

4 hours ago, DieselTech said:

I'm trying to cheap out on a smaller machine. Something I can set up with 138 thread & not break the bank. 

Like @dikman has suggested I would suggest you look at Class 341 machines for cylinder arms:

New: Class 341 clone machines ----- Cowboy CB341, Techsew 2750, Kobe LS-1341

Used: Juki LS-341, Juki LS-1341 or clones

kgg

14 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Thanks kgg. I just recently spent $4000 on a cobra class 4, & now I'm trying to cheap out on a smaller machine. Something I can set up with 138 thread & not break the bank. 

I wrote a blog article a few years ago that can save you tons of money. You just need to dumb down your Cobra Class 4. This doesn't require any new hardware; just some careful adjustments and the use of the narrow slotted throat plate you probably got with your Cobra Class 4, and some thin system 7x3, or 7x4 needles from @CowboyBob.

There are two members of LWN who make narrow feed dog/throat plate sets and even narrow presser foot sets. Here is the narrow set that was first made by our member, @RockyAussie - in Australia. Here are some narrow throat plate/feed dog sets that are made in the USA: https://heprecision.com/ - by our member: @Patrick1.

Thank me later!

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

I wrote a blog article a few years ago that can save you tons of money. You just need to dumb down your Cobra Class 4. This doesn't require any new hardware; just some careful adjustments and the use of the narrow slotted throat plate you probably got with your Cobra Class 4, and some thin system 7x3, or 7x4 needles from @CowboyBob.

There are two members of LWN who make narrow feed dog/throat plate sets and even narrow presser foot sets. Here is the narrow set that was first made by our member, @RockyAussie - in Australia. Here are some narrow throat plate/feed dog sets that are made in the USA: https://heprecision.com/ - by our member: @Patrick1.

Thank me later!

Thanks. @Wizcrafts I did buy all the narrow needle plates & feed dogs from @Patrick1 except for the #20 plate & feed dog. 

I was hoping maybe I could just swap between the #23 & #25 plates & make a few minor adjustments to swap between 138 & 277 thread. 

I've read about a few members saying they got their class 4 machines setup, where all they do is a needle & thread change to swap thread sizes. 

I have been trying to find articles on here about adjustments from 1 thread to the next on the cobra class 4, but I havent had much luck. 

Thanks for the link. I will take any advice given. 

17 hours ago, DieselTech said:

I have a 111W153 set up with 138. I have my eye out for something with reverse but in the meantime, it serves my needs.