DamiendeLyon

Hello from France

hello everyone, I'm Damien and I'm writing to you from Lyon in France. I am 49 years old, I am married and I have a 19 year old daughter. I came across your forum while looking for information on a sewing machine.

I have been working with leather in France for two years now. I saw that your forum already welcomed friends: Frenchmich (aka Micth) is one of the best leather craftsmen in France (even if he doesn't like people saying it) and he helped me a lot to get started and also Wyatt Earp who I meet in a workshop and with whom we spend good times working but also having fun.

I am therefore a very motivated amateur and leather working is my hobby: I came to it because I am a rider (I do reined COWHORSE in France and in Europe) and one day, I wanted to repair a strap. One thing led to another, I discovered the whole world of leather and became passionate about carving. I make small pieces: knife cases, small bags, but also spur straps, bridles, straps... I try to learn and improve with each job.

Thank you for welcoming me, I will be happy to share my little acquaintances

From one transplanted (partial) Frenchman to another . . . welcome and glad to have you aboard.

I am baasically a belt, holster, knife sheath, and gun case maker.

I've done a bit of saddle repair . . . and a few spur straps . . . as well as chaps and chinks . . . but it is only an extracurricular activity for me.

Most of my work follows the plain / practical idea . . . but if someone wants something fancied up a bit . . . I'll usually comply with his / her request.

May God bless,

Dwight

Welcome to the group. Bunch of great peeps here. Enjoy!

Bon jour monsieur! Welcome :)

:welcome: to the forum, we are glad to have you here. We all share that passion for leather and are here to help on another. 

Welcome!

Welcome!  I make bridles as well, and the Antares bridles are a favorite.  Your friend @FrenchMich is friends with sellier Jean-Luc Parisot whose work I have long admired.  Not sure if Jean-Luc is doing leatherwork these days but his Instagram account has pictures of many beautiful items.

3 hours ago, TomE said:

Welcome!  I make bridles as well, and the Antares bridles are a favorite.  Your friend @FrenchMich is friends with sellier Jean-Luc Parisot whose work I have long admired.  Not sure if Jean-Luc is doing leatherwork these days but his Instagram account has pictures of many beautiful items.

I know Jean Luc too! A great guy!; he is retired from the leather industry but he s still working for himself.

Thank you everyone for these welcome messages