FlyingMonk

Mega Resource Spreadsheet

Hello everyone, finally made an account here. I've been driven a little crazy by trying to keep track of suppliers and other resources, so I wanted to share a little side project of mine that I've whipped up:

Spreadsheet

It is a curated list of (on the different tabs) suppliers, tanneries, tool suppliers and makers, other materials, and hardware suppliers and makers. The supplier tab also has a complete matrix of what suppliers sell what kinds of hides, at least to the best of my ability and judgement. It should point you in the right directions.

I suspect that this will be most useful to newer workers, but I hope it is useful for someone at any rate.

Please feel free to give your suggestions, questions, corrections and comments.

Regards, 

Lawrence

Thank you for all your hard work and patience. That is a "Mega" amount of research! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

That is comprehensive. Thank you!

Looks like a good list.  I would add Beiler's Manufacturing (Hermann Oak, Wickett & Craig, and SB foot leather and lots of hardware), Batz Corp (heavy brass and nickel hardware), and Zack White Leather (hardware for tack).  Also Jerimiah Watt (Ranch2Arena.com) for conchos and tools.  Bruce Johnson Leather for tools.

Edited by TomE

3 hours ago, TomE said:

Looks like a good list.  I would add Beiler's Manufacturing (Hermann Oak, Wickett & Craig, and SB foot leather and lots of hardware), Batz Corp (heavy brass and nickel hardware), and Zack White Leather (hardware for tack).  Also Jerimiah Watt (Ranch2Arena.com) for conchos and tools.  Bruce Johnson Leather for tools.

Hey, thank you for the suggestions! Already had some of these, and added the others. As far as I can tell, Beiler's just makes horse tack -- do you have a specific website in mind?

How do I get this on my laptop?????

3 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

How do I get this on my laptop?????

Sent you a message back

Hello FlyingMonk!!

Fantastic spreadsheet How could I download it??

Thanks In Advance!!

Bill

22 minutes ago, casull45450 said:

Hello FlyingMonk!!

Fantastic spreadsheet How could I download it??

Thanks In Advance!!

Bill

Hello! For you or anyone else interested, here is how to download:

1. Open the link 

2. In the top left, under the title, click "File"

3. Go down to "Download" and hover over it

4. Download as whatever format you want. ".xlsx" will allow you to open and edit the file in either Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel

Hope that helps.

THANKS!!

2 hours ago, FlyingMonk said:

Hey, thank you for the suggestions! Already had some of these, and added the others. As far as I can tell, Beiler's just makes horse tack -- do you have a specific website in mind?

Beiler's doesn't have a website.  Call for a catalog.  They carry a wide range of leather, supplies, hand tools, and machines and parts.  For example, they sell Juki sewing machines and parts. They cater to the harness and saddlery trades but this includes general leathercraft tools (Osborne) and supplies (Fiebings).  They do also sell some finished harness and riding horse tack, rope products, and stable supplies. I have been pleased with their quality, prices, and service.