Littlef

Doc Holiday Shoulder Holster (movie Tombstone)

I made this shoulder holster for a friend of mine.  It my interpretation of Doc Holiday's shoulder holster from the movie Tombstone, (with a few tweaks with my own creative license.)  This is first time I’ve made something for someone else.  It kind hurt to give it up, lol.  I started with a pattern from London Jacks on Etsy.  Then, I found auction photos of the actual holster, and I modified it enough that there is almost no part of the purchased pattern left.  Also, Chakotay has a nice YouTube video where he makes his version.  I used his idea of how to make the belt loops on the back.  My friend picked up the holster over the weekend.  He was thrilled, which was a good feeling. 

IMG_0042-2.jpg

IMG_0046-2.jpg

IMG_0047-2.jpg

x (1).jpg

x (2).jpg

x (3).jpg

x (4).jpg

z val3 holster.jpg

z val4.jpg

zval1.jpg

Very sharp looking.  Well done!

4 hours ago, BigBore said:

Very sharp looking.  Well done!

Thank you sir. 

That looks awesome, great work!

2 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

That looks awesome, great work!

Thank you very much!!   I took my time on this to really work out little issues in the design.  I think the extra time and effort paid off. 

Great job!

Thanks y'all, I appreciate it!  

Very Nice

6 hours ago, fredk said:

Very Nice

Thanks Fred!

Very nice.  I was thinking of making one of those for driving.  I have a couple shoulder holsters for other guns, but I have a birdshead .357 and like it a lot, I thought the shoulder holster would be great for a driving rig.  B)

13 hours ago, Brokenolmarine said:

Very nice.  I was thinking of making one of those for driving.  I have a couple shoulder holsters for other guns, but I have a Birdshead .357 and like it a lot, I thought the shoulder holster would be great for a driving rig.  B)

Thanks!  I agree, I think a shoulder rig would be comfortable when seated, than a hip holster.

I was thin when I was younger... Now that I'm old and gimpy, I'd need a lot LONGER straps. :crazy:

1 hour ago, Brokenolmarine said:

I was thin when I was younger... Now that I'm old and gimpy, I'd need a lot LONGER straps. :crazy:

lol, I feel your pain.  My friend is super skinny.  The straps were initially probably twice that long.  I cut a ton of strap length off when we did the final fitting.  

It's not easy to recreate a movie prop like that. You did an amazing job. 

On 8/26/2024 at 5:43 PM, Brokenolmarine said:

Very nice.  I was thinking of making one of those for driving.  I have a couple shoulder holsters for other guns, but I have a birdshead .357 and like it a lot, I thought the shoulder holster would be great for a driving rig.  B)

I made a shoulder holster because of demand. Too many calls to be ignored. It took me a month of design, failure, adjustments, all mostly cardboard so no real loss. Then I made 3 different prototypes of the shoulder harness and picked what felt most comfortable after some wearing and that became my staying point for others. I've been wearing my shoulder holster as my EDC for almost 3 years now. You'll like a shoulder holster for your drives over a hip holster. You may even look into making a chest rig. They tend to hold the gun to the body a bit tighter and don't impede any arm movement

I have a Galco Miami Classic I wear in the Winter months to carry my SIG P220 in cold weather.  I have used this method for a couple decades, and love it.  I carry a snubby in a pocket holster in warmer months.  The Tombstone Rig, or just a clip on western cross draw for the SA 357 might be a great car gun for summer.

10 hours ago, DoubleKCustomLeathercraft said:

It's not easy to recreate a movie prop like that. You did an amazing job. 

Thanks a lot.  I have a lot of hours invested in that project.  I took my time to make sure it was done right