Tina

Belt Bags (Purses/possible pouches) x 3

Hey Tina, We love your bags!

My wife Likes your bags so much she wants to try one ( Im trying to get her More involved in the Leather work ) I think I've seen the pattern (recently) for a similar bag. Could you point me in the right direction?

:whatdoyouthink:
--------over there------>

No,

<--------over there------

Thanks

Edited by Greybeard

Hey Tina, We love your bags!

My wife Likes your bags so much she wants to try one ( Im trying to get her More involved in the Leather work ) I think I've seen the pattern (recently) for a similar bag. Could you point me in the right direction?

:whatdoyouthink:
--------over there------>

No,

<--------over there------

Thanks

You mean the pattern for the construction of the bag (not the carving pattern)? I draw it up and I have a second version coming too...The rough idea to it all comes from Tandy's "New Dimension Handbag". If you have that one you can construct countless other designs with the same basic idea.

You mean the pattern for the construction of the bag (not the carving pattern)? I draw it up and I have a second version coming too...The rough idea to it all comes from Tandy's "New Dimension Handbag". If you have that one you can construct countless other designs with the same basic idea.

Yes construction pattern, not Your Design pattern (Which is very original and all you). Thanks for the info.... :)

Those are very nice! I dig the color combo, but the gusset lacing is very cool! I've never seen it like that before. Good work.

Very nice! I really like the border.

Thanks Guys:-)

I just lace the gusset across instead of along (like most purses) it does makes a nice difference in apperance I think.

Lovely work the shooters of black powder would call them possible bags,you can make them with fringes to be period correct.Every thing Tina makes is fantastic!!

Like I said, Viking possibles pouches :D Tina, :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Lovely work the shooters of black powder would call them possible bags,you can make them with fringes to be period correct.Every thing Tina makes is fantastic!!

Super Thank You, I'm so greatful for your comment:-)

Like I said, Viking possibles pouches :D Tina, :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Absolutly...Possible pouch, that's the given name for them :-)

Edited by Tina

TIna,

You are killing me girl. Everytime I see a post of yours, I'm amazed at what you turn out.

Here's something for you to think about. I don't know how many viking re-enactors there are in this country, but there are thousands of black powder shooters. Google the Contemporary Longrifle Association and look around there. The possibles bags may give you some new ideas. There are bags with tooling, bags with native American beadwork etc.

Your work is stunning. You are going to knock em dead at Indy this year.

Dave Theobald

TIna,

You are killing me girl. Everytime I see a post of yours, I'm amazed at what you turn out.

Here's something for you to think about. I don't know how many viking re-enactors there are in this country, but there are thousands of black powder shooters. Google the Contemporary Longrifle Association and look around there. The possibles bags may give you some new ideas. There are bags with tooling, bags with native American beadwork etc.

Your work is stunning. You are going to knock em dead at Indy this year.

Dave Theobald

Hi David, I sooo apriciate your comment:-)

I have thought about this and what you say make sense with the blackpowder verus the viking stuff but...Here comes a small (official) secret...

We're moving over seas this fall. I can not think of spending one more snowy Michigan winter and I do understand if this sounds weird coming from a Swede *S* It's way colder and way much more snow here in MI than I'm use to, and Tina's not to fond of that cold, fuzzy white stuff that keeps coming down from above. Where we're going you can actually play golf all year around, my husband calls it the best kept secret ever (and he's happy). In the south part it is not below frezing that often at all nowdays and very very close to the rest of the European continent:-)

Now, Sweden/Scandinavia has a group of blackpowder people and I have some contact there to aproach, who knows i might be doing more holsters in the future:-)

About Indy, if i can i will still go, I am at least going to try having some leather there.

Have great evening//T

vegviser... Road shower... or in proper english pathfinder...

And nice stuff Tina... your skills rock.

Those look really cool, I like the first one the best.

Should call them belt bags or something though because if you call them a purse then us guys cant wear them :lol:

I would. I like em.

Tom

Heeey how come I missed theese ones :jawdropper: !!!! NExt time you mailbomb me about it, okies!!!

They are wonderful, just gotta love some stuff from our own backyard anyways.

Love the way you braided the black leather onto the main piece, don't think I've seen that before so bonuspoints for originality from me on that one;-)

Thors hammer and vikingships is a fav but the hair on hide is also very seductive. I really like th good looking border on the flap!!

Once again bigSis you show who's ace!!!

Littlebrother

Edited by TomSwede

excellent work! love the designs

vegviser... Road shower... or in proper english pathfinder...

And nice stuff Tina... your skills rock.

I would. I like em.

Tom

Heeey how come I missed theese ones :jawdropper: !!!! NExt time you mailbomb me about it, okies!!!

They are wonderful, just gotta love some stuff from our own backyard anyways.

Love the way you braided the black leather onto the main piece, don't think I've seen that before so bonuspoints for originality from me on that one;-)

Thors hammer and vikingships is a fav but the hair on hide is also very seductive. I really like th good looking border on the flap!!

Once again bigSis you show who's ace!!!

Littlebrother

excellent work! love the designs

Great Thanks guys, I have missed to answer you totally, I gotta get some better control over the threads:-)

Lil'bro, I'll send you personal PM's in the future :banana: