Here is a pic of my latest belt. This is the third belt I have completed.

ccbelt1.jpg

It is pretty basic. Two layers of 8-10oz, saddle stitched, outer layer dyed mahogany, one piece buckle. I sewed the buckle in place since I don't plan on changing it out.

I finished the belt with a few coats of Obenaufs LP. I tried this before on my first belt, the one in my avatar, and it has held up very nicely. I like the fact that I can easily reapply the finish if need be. I need to work on dying my edges though, I overlapped a Little bit as you can see in the photo. The edges slicked real well though, I think I finally have that part down, they are slicker than snot on a glass door knob. :P .

I enjoyed this project and plan on making some more belts. I have a few ideas for some different stuff.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Nick

that is one burly belt with 2-layers of 8/10!!

I am also a sucker for contrasting stitiching and brass hardware..

I applaud your rugged construction technique & hope you added some length to the belt to compensate for the added thickness

Thanks for the kind words

that is one burly belt with 2-layers of 8/10!!

I am also a sucker for contrasting stitiching and brass hardware..

I applaud your rugged construction technique & hope you added some length to the belt to compensate for the added thickness

Yeah, the belt is kind of burly, I like to overbuild things. Now I am working on overbuilding stuff while still refining the small details.

As far as adding extra length to compensate for the thickness, how much extra length should I add. I have already had one person ask me to make him one and I did not even think about this.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey, Grunt! Looks great! Moving this topic to "Show Off".

Johanna

This belt is very slick. I like your clean work.This belt is very slick. I like your clean work.

Beautifully made. Very professional.

Great job!

ArtS

:notworthy:

Grunt: fine looking belt, it made for durability.

where do you get 1pc buckle?

Classy work Grunt. That's basically a concealed carry/off duty belt. They go for anywhere between 65 and 120 dollars each on the internet....a few pesos more if a stiffener is added between layers.

Thanks guys. :)

Grunt: fine looking belt, it made for durability.

where do you get 1pc buckle?

A buddy of mine gave me the buckle. You buy them from the Weavers Catalog

Classy work Grunt. That's basically a concealed carry/off duty belt. They go for anywhere between 65 and 120 dollars each on the internet....a few pesos more if a stiffener is added between layers.

That's what I made it for. :cowboy: