anester05

I can't believe I did this :(

I was sewing flaps on my bag last night when I noticed one of the flaps stitched I stitched in the gouge instead of the groove. :ranting2: Now I'm trying to make up my mind should I unstitch it and restitch in the right spot or just live with It? I'll post some pictures in a bit.

So what do you think I should do?

i usually call those a "redue"...but if its just for you personally, then do which ever you feel comfortable with if your not going to scrap it out...but with leather its pretty much whats done, is done...never look right either way...

myself personally, even if its for just me...if people/public may see it...i want it to look clean & purdy, neva know where a sale may come...and thats your example in hand...so i'd completely redue the whole thing...

darryl :cheers:

I don't know for sure because there's no picture, but is it possible to sew the gouged line now too? Two lines of stitching looks good sometimes.

So what do you think I should do?

Do the best you know how to do.

HPIM0558.JPG

Sorry it is kinda out of focus, but there is the mistake.

HPIM0558.JPG

post-8545-1244140476_thumb.jpg

No bigger than it is, I would just redo it, or if thats not an option I would go with 2 stitch lines, I think it will turn out ok.

if it were me I would double stitch both flaps crossing over in the center like you already did and then make a new gouge line for the fold. this way it wouldn't look like a mistake in the end. good luck, James

Maybe it is just me, but that is how I do them for thinner leather and if I want the top to fit tight to the pocket. I sew right in that line and the second line about where your other groove line is. Then I put a rivet in each end of the flap between the two parallel stitch lines to help prevent tear out. I use either small copper rivets or quick rivets depending on the look I want.

I think I'd just make em' both look the same...

Kevin

I'll go with what madjack said.............

if it were me I would double stitch both flaps crossing over in the center like you already did and then make a new gouge line for the fold. this way it wouldn't look like a mistake in the end. good luck, James

That would be my fix as well.

Me three.

Badger

Definitely double stitch it at this point. Should look okay.