DCKNIVES

Full Custom Wildey gun rig

This one was a tough one, part due to size and part due to customer wishes.Dave

Specs

Belt-4" x 56" Ranger style belt w/2" billets, two layers of 10 oz w/ 2 inlays of croc

Holster-lining is 8oz and outside is 10 oz, two croc inlays, rare earth magnet retention on flap

Belt loop,extra ammo pouch,double mag pouch, and sheath all inlayed in croc for a total of 10 inlay's

all handstitched

The gun for this, Wildey .45 winmag (remember Charles Bronson in Death Wish 3)

wildey.jpg

wildeybelt13.jpg

wildeybelt12.jpg

wildeybelt11.jpg

wildeybelt10.jpg

wildeybelt9.jpg

wildeybelt8.jpg

Very nice looking belt and excellent job on the inlays. That does look like alot of stitching.

Cool gun also, those are pretty rare arent they. I havnt heard anyone talk about those since I was a kid lol.

Oh my...that is amazing. I love the rig. Very nice. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

:notworthy:

Carl

Dave

thats just stunning work you are a very good artist.

Thanks for sharing.

Josh

Question for ya, on the holster and other inlays did you double up the leather over the whole thing or just behind the inlay? It doesnt look like there is any stitching accross the top of the holster. Do you rely on glue to hold the double layer of leather if you use that. Thanks.

Thanks everyone. Max, yes I use a full piece, fully glued and it is sewn around the inlay only, and of course on the side.I only do stitching where the stresses are.On your question about the Wildey, they are not real common but this guy has three, this one and one with a 10" barrel and another with a 14" barrel.Dave

Wow! Enough said.

Wow! Lobo beat me to it but it still stands.

Dan

This is a really funny coincidence for me. was just talking to a friend about the Wildey pistols, and than you post this rig. Awesome work, Dave!

Size Matters WOW I wish I had a pic of the one did for the Desert Eagle last year ,you did agreat job and the pistol does'nt dwarf the Leather!

This is absolutely amazing - I find nothing I don't like about it. Great job! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone.Davecheers.gif

This rig is amazing. The inlays. I like the pattern you applied to the retention thong. A little western phen-shey, I'd add a silver tip to the belt.

Thanks Tom, the retention strap was patterned after the billet ends. It was originally set to go with a silver tip but he increased the size on everything and went with 2" billets then changed his mind on the tip.I was getting changes all through this build.Davecheers.gif

I'm just now looking at this. My head spins and I feel that swamped feeling thinking about the time it probably took to build such a work :rofl:

Incredible! B)