esantoro

baby food jars

Have any of you ever seen baby food in the 4 and 6 oz jars go on sale for twenty-five cents a piece? I figure that instead of paying about thirty cents a piece for used jars on Ebay, maybe I can get them for about the same price with actual food in them. Another option is to ask neighbors I see with strollers if they throw out their jars.

Anyway, these jars are good for mixing and storing small amounts of dye and whatever else.

Thanks for the suggestion of using pill bottles (from a different thread). I'll give it a look.

Ed

Good idea! are you talking plastic or glass jars? Recycling stuff is good and I'm a bad guy using small plastic cups that get's thrown away after using it for mixing. I re-use the ones the are for straight out of the bottle use, just pooring the colour back to bottle after using it and store the plastic cup with that bottle.

Do you know if the jars (I'm thinking glass jars here, that's the only thing used in Sweden) can be cleaned out and used again, let's say I cleaned a jar with black spirit and now I wanna mix up a light yellow?

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

Good idea! are you talking plastic or glass jars? Recycling stuff is good and I'm a bad guy using small plastic cups that get's thrown away after using it for mixing. I re-use the ones the are for straight out of the bottle use, just pooring the colour back to bottle after using it and store the plastic cup with that bottle.

Do you know if the jars (I'm thinking glass jars here, that's the only thing used in Sweden) can be cleaned out and used again, let's say I cleaned a jar with black spirit and now I wanna mix up a light yellow?

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm thinking of the glass jars, for the very reason that they can be cleaned.

I was just now experimenting with Pete's idea of using dye mixed with Bick 4. Not sure yet if they can be fully cleaned after use.

Ed

Thanks Ed! I'll have to get a hold of some jars. They're perfect fot those diluted dyes that you wanna keep in stock using specific blends.

Tom

Good tip, and also used spice glass jars (for mixed dyes and such)

Just now cleaned out the glass jar, which had had a dark brown bick 4 dye mix in it for about a week. Nice and clean and ready for different color.

Ed

After two new arrivals in the extended family that are coming up to solid food age looks like I've found a cheap supply of dye mixing jars. So thankyou for the tip guys,I had been looking around for some small jars and had completely forgotton about baby food jars (my son is 10 this year).

Cheers,

Clair

Hey all

Since my oldest had started solids I started using the baby food jars and love using them for all kinds of stuff. Now my youngest is on solids and I have a plethora of jars! If anyone needs them let me know!!! I have too many! I've been throwing them out but I can start saving them again...

Hey all

Since my oldest had started solids I started using the baby food jars and love using them for all kinds of stuff. Now my youngest is on solids and I have a plethora of jars! If anyone needs them let me know!!! I have too many! I've been throwing them out but I can start saving them again...

Hi,

I would love to have them. I could use about 30 of the 4 or 6 oz. jars. Of course, I'll pay shipping to Brooklyn, NY 11221.

Thanks,

Ed

Have any of you ever seen baby food in the 4 and 6 oz jars go on sale for twenty-five cents a piece? I figure that instead of paying about thirty cents a piece for used jars on Ebay, maybe I can get them for about the same price with actual food in them. Another option is to ask neighbors I see with strollers if they throw out their jars.

Anyway, these jars are good for mixing and storing small amounts of dye and whatever else.

Thanks for the suggestion of using pill bottles (from a different thread). I'll give it a look.

Ed

Hey Ed buy the Baby Food fruit it taste very good..........you get a taste treat + a Jar..

I did this a long time ago......

I have a small box of baby jars. I use them to store my mixed dyes and also use them on the desk when I am painting or dyeing something. Great to have around.

I've been using Propel Fitness Water plastic bottles with the twist top nipple. They are great for the alcohol dyes and the twist top nipple allows you to dispense small amounts. Once the nipple is closed they are spill proof. The dyes don't stick to the plastic and wipe clean with a paper towel. Just be sure you remove the label from the bottle so you don't grab one thinking it's your drink bottle!!! Haven't done it yet but came close a couple of times!

John

Edited by gunfighter48

I've been using the plastic butter tubs that are everywhere today. I store dye mixes in them and they are cleanable and you can recycle them when they get to funky to clean

David Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

My dad nailed a row of baby food jar lids to a board that he nailed under a shelf above the bench. He stored hardware in the jars, and we just screwed/unscrewed the jars as needed. The clear glass made it easy to see what was inside, so there was no need for labels. I've done the same thing with clear peanut butter jars. The pb jars are bigger and my kids eat a lot of it, so I always have replacements.

Johanna

My dad nailed a row of baby food jar lids to a board that he nailed under a shelf above the bench. He stored hardware in the jars, and we just screwed/unscrewed the jars as needed. The clear glass made it easy to see what was inside, so there was no need for labels. I've done the same thing with clear peanut butter jars. The pb jars are bigger and my kids eat a lot of it, so I always have replacements.

Johanna

I've done this with the empty blank CD spindles of 50 or 100 count.

Works great.

Marlon

The baby food jars are great for mixing dye!!

I have a steady supply at the local thrift store, 2 for 5 cents!!

I would love to have them as well. When you get more than you need again.

Thanks