Neat-o.I'm not familiar with a "press plate", could you show pics and some how to maybe? Thanks.

That looks awesome, thanks for the tip.

I wonder how much pressure one would need to imprint larger leathers. I'd like this for the flyfishing rodtubes someday.

Tom

Very well done.. it looks real and cool! :-)

I wonder if you did it the same as we experimented with at the guild I belonged to in South Africa: We looked for a very old piece of wood with lots of character. One of the most popular was pieces of sleeper (the crossbeams of wood under railway tracks - they were being replced with steel and concrete and the old hardwood ones were very popular for furnature and stuff).

The wood was neber very flat, so we would wrap the damp leather around the wood and rub it hard with a "blunt instrument" to impress the woodgrain on the leather.

I wonder if you did it the same as we experimented with at the guild I belonged to in South Africa:

Hey to a fellow South African - except I've been here since '70, so It's almost like a foreign land to me.

Very cool effect. How much pressure are you applying, and what equipment are you using? thanks,

Neat-o.I'm not familiar with a "press plate", could you show pics and some how to maybe? Thanks.

The plate is a piece of plywood wire brushed to raise the grain and then I placed the leather inbetween it and a metal plate. I then proceeded to place my car on top of the two plates over night.

The plate is a piece of plywood wire brushed to raise the grain and then I placed the leather inbetween it and a metal plate. I then proceeded to place my car on top of the two plates over night.

OOOOooohhhhh!!! I love these new fangled high tech gadgets so much!!!! What's a car and where can I get one?

What better way to get a wood grain than to use WOOD!!! LOL I LOVE IT!!! The car idea is awesome!!!

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try it. hope ine come out as nice as yours.

Tom

Nice effect. I like it. Great idea.

that's pretty cool...good job