PIERCE

I'm looking for a pattern.

I've had alot of customers asking for this Pinwheel pattern so I figured I might as well ask.

Edited by PIERCE

I've had alot of customers asking for this Pinwheel pattern so I figured I might as well ask.

What does it look like?

Tony.

I certainly remember them but haven't a clue where or who would have a pattern. Sorry

Yes that be them

There's a thingy on making them out of paper here , should work with leather.

There's a thingy on making them out of paper here , should work with leather.

I'll try this out and see how it works. Thanks.

purchase one and make a pattern from it. Ive got the premade ones in my shop they dont stick around to long. seems to be an ol favorite. good luck --Bronc

Here are two different patterns ....

I just ran across your pdf download. Thx!!

I just ran across your pdf download. Thx!!

just ran across your pdf download. Thx!! :coffeecomp:

hey thanks for sharing the pattern, that is what i love about this site, everyone has so much knowledge and loves to share.

I also want to add thanks for the pattern, I had a friend ask me about making him one and I had a idea of the shape but no idea how to get it

started.

The patterns provided in this post are great! I also found complete start to finish written instructions (no pic) at http://www.ehow.com/how_7254051_fold-piece-leather-coin-purse.html

I haven't made one yet, but hope to try real soon.

I have just been asked for one of these. Thanks for posting the pattern.

Gary

Thanks for posting the patterns and the instructions. That is what this site is all about, sharing, education and just good people.

I got one of these when I was living in Finland about 20 years ago, still going strong.

A lot of people asking where they can get one, I don't know, so I decided to make some for my nieces and nephews this Christmas.

In my search for a pattern, found this thread here, however it doesn't have all the answers I need.

I researched further, found this in Popular Science magazine post-68147-0-82498500-1450320069_thumb.j (Thanks Google), extracted and attached here for convenience, and I lost the original link.

After puzzling through it, I made an octagonal one, however mine is 10 sided, and I think much prettier.

I found an online pattern on Etsy for 10 pounds or something, but didn't want to pay, so using free software (Thanks, Inkscape) created a decagon based template.

And then I decided I'd sell my template for 10 euros. wait, no, I attached it here. Hope it helps. post-68147-0-34629600-1450320553_thumb.p

NOTE: Can also scale the base decagon to encompass a CD and use it as a fancy paper/thin card/whatever cd cover if you like :) (hmm leather CD cover seems kind of cool too)

Unfortunately, I've only found leather in scrap bags at Lincraft, so I've only made a small one in leather to test my template, yet it worked.

If the Christmas presents go down well, I might mail order some better leather and embossing tools so I can up my game, assuming Tandy leather will be best for that.

p.s. The png template is fine black lines on a transparent background. Some image viewers have issues with these sorts of PNGs and just display a black square. If that happens, try a different viewer (any web browser should view and print the image right - though harder to manage scaling)

Thank you just printed, project for tomorrow

I made one of these last year for my sister-in-law. The links to the patterns no longer seem to work so here is the pattern I used:

The main problem was finding leather that was thin enough to fold easily. I had to pay about $10. for some large scraps from Tandy, since I don't have a leather splitter.

pinwheel purse3in.pdf

Edited by Sheilajeanne