here is a i-pad cover i just finished for a customer as always all comments are welcome good or badpost-20640-046262900 1315478068_thumb.jp

That is a fine looking piece you got there. Love every bit of it. I love to see traditional floral designs changed up. I can't say enough about how great this design looks. The usual stems but with leaves instead of flowers - Just great! The silver is a nice touch too!

Beautiful! I aspire to your level of beveling.

Beautiful! I aspire to your level of beveling.

thanks for the nice compliment i was unable to download all the pictures but the other pictures of it are on my album feel free to view them there again thank john

An Ipad cover is a really neat idea, John, and this one looks terrific!

Bobby

Great work as always. I like your pattern, is it one of yours? I love it... I like the things you have on your site you have a lot of skill from what I've seen. I don't think I would put any of my tooling at that size. I've just started carving leather so your not going to be seeing any of my stuff in the "show off" area for some time. If I were to post any thing I've done, my thumb nail pic would be thumb nail size or a little smaller...Rob

Great work as always. I like your pattern, is it one of yours? I love it... I like the things you have on your site you have a lot of skill from what I've seen. I don't think I would put any of my tooling at that size. I've just started carving leather so your not going to be seeing any of my stuff in the "show off" area for some time. If I were to post any thing I've done, my thumb nail pic would be thumb nail size or a little smaller...Rob

thanks for the nice compliment, and yes the pattern is one i drew up for that customer, i try and draw everbody a new pattern unless they want one just like that. but usally i try not to use the same pattern twice. you will get there like my good friend bob park says all it takes is pratice!!!!!!

This is amazing! As a newbie - and I hope this isn't taken as being rude - how long does it take to go to such great detail on a piece like that?

This is amazing! As a newbie - and I hope this isn't taken as being rude - how long does it take to go to such great detail on a piece like that?

that piece took me about a week to finish, drawing,tooling and assembly.thanks for the nice compliment john

This is the stuff that inspires me !! Gorgeous!

Jeff

here is a i-pad cover i just finished for a customer as always all comments are welcome good or badpost-20640-046262900 1315478068_thumb.jp

This is the stuff that inspires me !! Gorgeous!

Jeff

thanks for the nice compliment

What did you use to sew it up, and what size thread is that?

What did you use to sew it up, and what size thread is that?

i used my 205-64 alder with a 140 needle and 138 thread. hope this helps thanks for your interest john

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I am looking to do some stitching here in the future, and I am trying to get a grasp on what size thread, and types of machines are used, if any at all. In the past I have just done lacing to assemble items. I have a couple of Adler patchers now, and a big Singer flat bed that I plan on using for some projects. Have them, but haven't used them yet, work keeps getting in the way, and I need the manuals to learn how to thread, and adjust them.

Really nice work! I like the use of the oak leaves as the 'floral' element. I've never seen the acorns done the way you have. I really like the effect, how it gives them a nice 3D look. The whole design works together really well. Thanks for sharing. Gives me something else to aspire to.

Bob

My only complaint is that it is too beautiful. You should try and tone down the perfection next time! ;):notworthy:

Really nice work! I like the use of the oak leaves as the 'floral' element. I've never seen the acorns done the way you have. I really like the effect, how it gives them a nice 3D look. The whole design works together really well. Thanks for sharing. Gives me something else to aspire to.

Bob

thanks bob, i like using this design some just to mix things up and be a little different. love the floral but some time i enjoy doing something a little different thanks for the nice compliment john

My only complaint is that it is too beautiful. You should try and tone down the perfection next time! ;):notworthy:

thanks for the nice compliment tinneal i will try a keep things a little more under control next time john

Absolutely Beautiful.

Absolutely Beautiful.

thanks button for the nice compliment john

Super, man!

thanks that sure is a cute corgie !!! john

Those are really nice iPad covers, really nice work. Wish I could produce something that nice. For now, I have to practice and I need an iPad cover for myself. What did you line your iPad covers with? What keeps your iPad from slipping out of the cover? I also will be sewing by hand.

Thanks,

JourneyLeather

fantastic!!! how many hours of work is that??

respect!!