Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Biker Gal Purse/waistbag

A few months back, a client had me make a custom tank bib with a purple chrome tan overlay with applique lacing for his bike:

post-10543-071140000 1329512961_thumb.jp

After it was all complete and I informed him that I had plenty of the purple leather he supplied left over he asked me to design & make a purse for his fiance that matched the theme so she could use it when they ride. Here's what I came up with. It's my first purse ever, designed from scratch and sewn on my Techsew 2700. It has an outside zipper pocket big enough for two smartphones, a drawstring closure with flap over. The flap secures via an iron cross snap to tie into the black chrome tan iron crosses on the bag & tank bib. Inside is lined with black peachskin fabric and two interior pockets on the back wall. The flap and top opening are edged with black lambskin. It has two straps, one all leather one for over the shoulder and a leather & woven canvas strap for wearing it as a waist bag. Both straps can secure to the D-rings at the top of the bag.

post-10543-072296500 1329513427_thumb.jppost-10543-000311500 1329513446_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking!

Chris

A few months back, a client had me make a custom tank bib with a purple chrome tan overlay with applique lacing for his bike:

After it was all complete and I informed him that I had plenty of the purple leather he supplied left over he asked me to design & make a purse for his fiance that matched the theme so she could use it when they ride. Here's what I came up with. It's my first purse ever, designed from scratch and sewn on my Techsew 2700. It has an outside zipper pocket big enough for two smartphones, a drawstring closure with flap over. The flap secures via an iron cross snap to tie into the black chrome tan iron crosses on the bag & tank bib. Inside is lined with black peachskin fabric and two interior pockets on the back wall. The flap and top opening are edged with black lambskin. It has two straps, one all leather one for over the shoulder and a leather & woven canvas strap for wearing it as a waist bag. Both straps can secure to the D-rings at the top of the bag.

post-10543-072296500 1329513427_thumb.jppost-10543-000311500 1329513446_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Chris, I think it's just as cool as can be, Cheryl

Very nice looking. Where was that iron cross snap from? I've seen the conchos and rivets, but never a snap.

Thanks Cheryl!

Very nice looking. Where was that iron cross snap from? I've seen the conchos and rivets, but never a snap.

Thanks. The snap is from Trigg Brothers. They have all kinds of conchos and snaps I haven't seen elsewhere. I found the Maltese Cross snap when I was looking for a USMC logo snap (which they also have) and both were excellent quality.

http://triggbrothers.com/accessories.html#snaps

They have some really cool stuff there. I might be working on a fundraiser piece for the Young Marine Corp, so that USMC snap could work well for me.

They have some really cool stuff there. I might be working on a fundraiser piece for the Young Marine Corp, so that USMC snap could work well for me.

In that case, check out the Marine Conchos they have too, they are under the heading "USA Conchos". This one worked out nicely when I used it on a set of side covers. The client loved the two tone/3D effect it has.

TBN192262s.jpg

Cool. I'll keep those in mind. I'm still not sure what we're allowed to do. There's a lot of rules regarding what they're allowed to do for fundraising and such.

That looks good! (though a bit more stitchin' than I care to do :) )

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Really nice! Can I ask how deep it is, it's kinda hard to tell.

That looks good! (though a bit more stitchin' than I care to do :) )

Thanks, the sewing machine made the stitching a non-event. ;)

Really nice! Can I ask how deep it is, it's kinda hard to tell.

Ah, yeah dimensions likely would have been helpful eh? The bag is 7" wide x 12" tall x 3" deep.

Very pro looking. Nice work.

Thanks Kevin that's a great compliment coming from you, your tutorials on wallet making were in the back of my head when making parts of this.

Nice work Spinner! BTW, an overdue thank you for the information you have posted about acrylic paints. Your posts were a tremendous help on a recent project.