Here is a seat I've done before but this one is in black with wider lace and a different pan.

post-19391-093753200 1345836359_thumb.jp

post-19391-099195700 1345836376_thumb.jp

Here is a seat I've done before but this one is in black with wider lace and a different pan.

WOW! I really like that. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif Course, I'm ex Navy, so I'd be a little partial to it anyway.rolleyes2.gif

The lacing looks really nice. Sets it off just right. I know your customer will like it.

Great looking work as always. Where would be the best place to find a seat pan. I want to try a seat but I have a dyna so a chopper pan would not work. Thank you David

Hi David,

I get mine from www.accufast2d.net

They are 10 gauge and very nice pans. They have a good variety of styles. Although you might have to fabricate your own pan so it will work.

Great looking work as always. Where would be the best place to find a seat pan. I want to try a seat but I have a dyna so a chopper pan would not work. Thank you David

Edited by benlilly1

Super clean, slick logo and very nice braiding....guess what...ya got the blue ribbon on this on!!

James

David

Ring me up, I have a gud buddy he makes all kind of seat pans for any scooter ya need....I put in a gud word for ya...

James

Hi Benlilly,

That really is a great looking seat,

can you tell me please what style of lacing is that you have used,

What is it called/is it easy to do? and is there anywhere i could find a tutorial to learn it from,?

Are there many good lacing techniques for seat edgings??

So for all the Questions,

John

Hi John,

It's just the triple stitch and easy to do...I could do it with my eyes closed. I think the key here is the width of the lace. I've started using 1/4" (a suggestion from someone on here). I also think the straight slots instead of holes makes for a cleaner look. I learned it from the Lacing and Stitching booklet from Tandy.

Hi Benlilly,

That really is a great looking seat,

can you tell me please what style of lacing is that you have used,

What is it called/is it easy to do? and is there anywhere i could find a tutorial to learn it from,?

Are there many good lacing techniques for seat edgings??

So for all the Questions,

John

Hi Benlily1

Love this seat.. The tooling is spot on and the lacing is so very tight to the side of the seat..very neat indeed.. ;) Stuff I aspire to..

I take it the seat has been tooled and then glued with barge glue or similar, before the wet molding the leather?

Regards

Phil

That is some very nice and clean looking work..

Phil,

Thanks...seat was tooled...then formed while still a little moist...actually not much moldling involved. The leather easily forms the curves and no glue involved and of course there's neoprene foam on the pan.

Hi Benlily1

Love this seat.. The tooling is spot on and the lacing is so very tight to the side of the seat..very neat indeed.. ;) Stuff I aspire to..

I take it the seat has been tooled and then glued with barge glue or similar, before the wet molding the leather?

Regards

Phil

Thanks all for the nice comments...getting ready to do another seat and pillion pad...any comments on how comfortable pillions are? This one is going to be constructed with my own design so I would like it to be a comfortable ride.

Thanks all for the nice comments...getting ready to do another seat and pillion pad...any comments on how comfortable pillions are? This one is going to be constructed with my own design so I would like it to be a comfortable ride.

Hi Benlily..I suppose it all depends on the pillion usage..how many miles will be travelled on it, etc.. As I'm sure you'll see, when lookin around, some pillion seats are little more than a 4"x6" piece of neoprene, whilst others are veritable armchairs..lol

Comfort sometimes plays second fiddle to style, but won't be popular on a tour..lol.. :)

Bold, very bold....love it!!!!!!!!!!

Hi David,

I get mine from www.accufast2d.net

They are 10 gauge and very nice pans. They have a good variety of styles. Although you might have to fabricate your own pan so it will work.

I looked these ppl up and lo and behold they are up the road from me here in TN.

OH! and by the way very nice work!

Edited by stealfdawg