Just got all of these finished up after being off line for 2 weeks. I had 28 pages to read once I got on. I'm definitely glad my customers wont let me rest. Just finishing up 5 butt stock covers too.

Frank

post-8516-0-65166600-1362511392_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-47604900-1362511418_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-49577700-1362511435_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-37029800-1362511456_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-90884500-1362511473_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-28829900-1362511489_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-58429700-1362511504_thumb.jp

Thanks Josh, I appreciate it very much.

Nice clean work! I like the closure design on the 4th and 6th holsters..........Rory

Thanks Rory. I modeled those after the old time half flap holsters. They were a transition holster between the military flap holsters and the Slim Jim style holsters.

Frank

Outstanding everyone of them, great colors on dyes and finishes

Thanks very much. It seems that Slim Jim styles were very popular this go round.

Frank

They are all fantastic. I love the richness of the colors. Your borders are so clean. I could look at these all day and not run out of accolades to shower on them. Stunning.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I still have a ways to go before I consider myself to be a great holster maker. Who knows, maybe I never will. But, I keep trying!

Thank you Sir.

Do you hand or machine stitch? Extremely neat work either way!

Very nice work. You capture the feel of the old style holsters better than most.

Thanks very much. I hand stitch all of my holsters except for pancake holsters and I machine stitch all of my belts. Call it odd but I get a certain amount of satisfaction from hand stitching. Not to mention, it keeps me in practice and breaks up the monotony.

They all look very very nice. I have a question on the belt. the dye work you have done throughout all of these are very rich in color and even. I noted on the inside of the belt, although not lined, its fairly dark, but doesnt look stained or dyed. Natural veg tan is so much lighter. how did you get this effect or is it the type of leather you ordered from? just looks so nice.

That is all drum-dyed skirting leather from Wickett & Craig. I buy 8-10 ounce and 10-12 ounce sides. As long as they are not split, they have the nice dyed flesh side.

Very nice, may have to look into that, Im a newbie in comparison, and have been asked to do a few more holsters, this just looks so nice, might need to inquire. thanks for your post.

Bob

Impressed with your innovative stamp combinations. They all look excellent.

Thanks again. I never know what I am going to do when it comes to tooling the holster. I just start going and see where I end up. It's nice to do some different stuff once in a while. I just grab a handful from the tool block and set them in a caddy. I pick up whatever looks like it will work at the time.

Thanks very much. I'm hoping someday I'll be better!!

Nice Frank very Nice!

Chris

Frank, those are some of the cleanest looking holsters I've seen in a while. Western always seems to get over embellished. Nice work.

Thanks Guys. I really am a fan of the simple lines in the western style holsters but it's always nice to do something over the top once in a while too. Getting ready for a show next week (I only do one a year) and have 4 orders waiting for me when I get back. You can tell that spring shooting season is here!

Frank,

Great job. I really enjoy seeing well done period correct gun leather.

JD