Lately I've been posting a lot of ammo belt style rigs and they've all been building up to this one project I've been working on for about 5 weeks. I finally finished it today and to my buddy Joe, if you don't like it I can't do you any better :) Enjoy it buddy. It's a 3" wide lined plains styled ammo belt, arrowhead basket weave with a custom border and antique finish over top with accessories to match. It's the first of its kind that I have done and while I may do one 'better' in the future I'll never be more tickled by it.

I had a problem I don't usually have - I couldn't pick what photos I liked best. Hopefully ya'll like my selection.

IMG_4280_zps0165acd7.jpg

IMG_4286_zps458716aa.jpg

IMG_4285_zps1bcf4085.jpg

IMG_4275_zps06914273.jpg

IMG_4403_zps5c20edd7.jpg

IMG_4420_zpse2d6f663.jpg

IMG_4365_zps77be5177.jpg

IMG_4299_zpsf4aece2c.jpg

Nice job your buddy will enjoy that.

That's really nice, can you describe how you stitch the cartridge loops?

I've done a few on the machine but I had to measure and scribe each stitch line and I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

Kevin

That's really nice, can you describe how you stitch the cartridge loops?

I've done a few on the machine but I had to measure and scribe each stitch line and I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

Kevin

Kevin, I keep a chart of widths for calibers, width for stitching, widths for bullet, etc. Pick the area I'll allow for loops and figure out how many I am going to do. When the number is decided I center it, and mark the start/stop line with a right angle ruler and a pencil.Then I use the stitch width number and set my calipers, and 'walk' it all the way down. Then I center the actual loop strip and mark top/bottom, and draw that in pencil. When your finished you can slide your 90* right angle down and finish each loops border, I take an awl and mark each intersection with it usually going back and hitting it with a maul so it's easy to see and for the needle to find.I draw a line connecting top to bottom in the interior of each loop and that's where I stitch down.

Hopefully that wasn't to complicated there just isn't really a way I can 'rush' the process.

Out standing....love it...... great color

Thanks for that, pretty much what I am doing, I was just finding it time consuming.

Gorgeous! I see why you had trouble picking photos!

Very handsome. Love your stamping design. Glad to see stamping is still used. You can really get intricate with stamping.

Very handsome. Love your stamping design. Glad to see stamping is still used. You can really get intricate with stamping.

Thank you! I really can't carve well I've tried, and have no interest in trying again. This rig came together nicely.

Most excellent! The photography was spot on as well. Love those patterns.

Most excellent! The photography was spot on as well. Love those patterns.

Thank you!

Beautiful work! Every tool mark was deliberate and precise. I think you can tell a lot about a guy by the leatherwork he does. You obviously have a lot of patience and attention to detail. You should be proud of that work! If I owned that combo I'd be afraid to use it!

Stunning!! The border is perfect, each stamp in just the right spot. I love it. I don't know if I would be able to give it to my buddy. I might give him the pictures and keep the rig. And the photography is awesome as well. I don't imagine you do anything mediocre, do you?

Incredible!