ClayB

The "team"

Every once in awhile someone gives a well deserved "thank you" to Johanna and her "team". Not sure if everyone knows who the "team" is, so I'd like to make a brief introduction.

The moderators are easy to recognize, they're all green :yes: Most have been here from the beginning.

Holly aka Wildrose is a founding member. She's into Celtic, ren faire stuff, and her son Ethan.

Dsenette, AKA "the Monkey", is one of Johanna's computer tech friends and is here to help out with that stuff. I'm not sure if she told him how computer illiterate some of us leather workers can be before he agreed to help out, but he's been a good sport and is still here. Just ignore those marks on his forehead where he bangs his head on the keyboard every once in awhile. :coffeecomp:

The next one to join the team was Kate. Kate is a natural born leader, skillful with either the computer or a bench full of leather tools. I think Johanna has her number on speed dial for when servers crash or hackers attack. She has been dubbed the Database Diva cuz she has helped to restore this forum a couple times from being lost in cyberspace for eternity. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Then along came Bruce, one of the nicest guys you're ever gonna meet. He was asked to lead the saddle makers part of the forum and has done an outstanding job!! He's also pretty darn good at explaining stamping techniques, saddle history, and a whole lot more. :cowboy:

Art seems to know everything there is to know about almost every sewing machine ever made. That's probably why he leads the sewing machine part of the forum. He also set up and runs the Marketplace on the forum. And finally, he's the official hall monitor. If you get caught trying to sneak off to the bathroom with out a hall pass, chewing gum in class, or cheating on a test, your gonna get a trip to Art's office and he'll set you straight. :quiet:

When Denise isn't helping her husband Rod make some of the best saddle trees you're gonna find anywhere, she's here helping out wherever she can. She spends a lot of time helping Bruce with the saddle makers, and also does a lot of housekeeping, keeping things in the right place etc, but she doesn't do window or toilets. She also writes some of the nicest, most encouraging PM's and seems to know just when they are needed. :cowgirl:

And finally, there's Clay Miller, aka Bert. He's here because he has the right first name. No, that's not it. He's here because he's the manager of the Rapid City Tandy store. No, that's not it either, that's just a shameless plug. He's here to run the contests and special events among other things. He's pretty good at that Sheridan carving as you can tell by the latest cover of the Leather Crafter's and Saddler's Journal, but the jury is still out on his ability to sing. :feedback:

That's the moderators. But wait, there's more. There are the ambassadors too. These people are the official greeters and drive the welcome wagon around the world welcoming new members to the forum. They also watch for problems, send encouraging messages and generally keep the friendly tone that makes this such a fun place to hang out. There are a lot of them and I have to go to work, so I cant introduce each one of them individually but you'll recognize them by that yucky reddish brown color. I'm not completely sure, but I think they might be the ones that are supposed to sweep the floors and clean the toilets too.

And finally, there's the contributing members. These are all the people who's names you see in blue. (seems like green would be more appropriate, but that was already used) They have all contributed money to help pay the bills so Leatherworker can keep the lights on. Whether it's a couple bucks, or a couple hundred, it's all appreciated and it all goes to supporting the site. Nobody gets paid, nobody gets free trips to exotic islands or big Christmas bonuses, it all goes to expenses and keeping the site free for anyone, anywhere that wants to join the world's largest online community of leatherworkers.

That's the team. :grouphug5vj5: Everyone give them a big round of applause!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by ClayB

ClayB is a modest guy...and he left himself off of the list. He has been here teaching and spreading goodwill and sunshine since the start, and we all owe him a round of applause too. He's quick to offer an encouraging word and has helped out behind the scenes with some of our better ideas and plans. I have no idea how he sees the leather under the shadow of his big hat, but if you look on the main page you can see a list of the fantastic carving tutorials he has done to share with us. Thanks Ernie for introducing everyone!

Johanna

I have in the past sent a personal thank you to Johanna for a lot of the things that she has helped me with. Now I want to give a big "THANK YOU" to all the others that all work together to keep the site up and running. Ya'll have created the best leatherworkers site in the world. That in itself is a mighty feat, but to keep it running and so helpful and friendly is an awesome task also. I know that the best leatherworkers on Earth are members of Leatherworker.net, but to have so much talent and to share it so freely is really great. Being disabled and going through some depression right now, getting up and going on the leatherworker.net/forum is really a bright spot in my days. When it was down for a few days a while back I really realized how much that I depend on it to help me through the day. Again THANKS to all of you that work so hard and so much to keep it up and running. Love you guys and gals, Billy P

Thank you everyone who works to keep this site up and running and the best leather site on the net!!

Edited by BradB

I've said it before and I'll say it again a big THANK YOU to everyone for keeping the site up and running and in order. And for answering my ?'s from braiding to computer stuff. Like Billy P says ya don't know how much ya miss this site until it goes down and ya start getting the shakes. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Mike

a HUGE Thank you to each and everyone that makes this place the Absolute Best on the "net".

I have been a member of many forums, all ove the world but this is and will always be 'numbero uno'. It is seldom you come across so many nice and helpful people (if ever) and I'm for one is more than tankful for this little heavenly oasis in cyberspace.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks just doesn't seem to be enough to say for all that you folks do. Thanks!

ArtS :notworthy::thankyou::banana::trumpet::trumpet::rockon:

I remember when I quit "the very big leather guild" as we jokingly call it, and Johanna and I threw ideas around for a site like this...I had no idea then it would turn into what it has. I am grateful for her stick-to-it-tiveness and drive to surround herself with the right people. This is worlds better than anything else I've been associated with.

Thanks a bunch to everyone here including the TEAM and also the other members.

When I first started I had the impression I was gonna redo my seat on my motorcycle I had just gotten. Well one thing led to another and the next thing you know I had found tandy and bought a whole bunch of stuff. Then I realized it was harder then I thought it was gonna be and found this place of knowledge.

Well needless to say allmost a year later (maybe 9 months whatever) I still havnt made my seat but have learned tons about leather craft. Funny part is I still feel like a beginner and think I am just scratching the surface. Have so much more to learn and practice.

Thanks, Corey

I also would like to thank each and every one of the people that make this place tick. It is great to be able to get advise, opinions and just to chat with people of a common interest. How you came up with the idea and got it off the ground is beyond me but :You_Rock_Emoticon: .

I have gained much knowledge by reading the posts and looking at the pictures. Personally would rather look at pictures than read but......

Many here are an inspiration to me. This thank you goes to those that Clay mentioned and Clay, but also to everyone that posts here also.

Joe

A Big Thanks to all the Team you are all great I try and send Johanna a thanks every now and then but she's great, and Clay is a great guy always helping out thanks all, God Bless

Josh

This is a great team you've put together here, and it's a lot of fun to look around and learn about all the different styles and tips. As one of the "new guys" to this sport (I've been a guy my whole life; but new to this....well you know what I mean), I really appreaciate the open and honest feedback from all of you pros out there!

I agree this is one of the best forums on the net, I have been involved in many committes over the years, and I can imagine that running a site like this would no different with one big exception "computors" I take my hat off to all of you and hope you all stay sane and don't end up retired to a mental facility, keep the good work, I am just getting into leatherwork and I for one would lost without this Forum.

china