Had the idea for something similar to this for a couple years now but webbing in less than 1000+ yard quantities has proven a challenge to find, until a fellow LW.net member was able to aid me. There was a turn of the century belt designed with canvas loops on a leather belt mainly for rifle cartridges - but the case still on leather did not prevent verdigris from happening over time.

This one is a base of 10 oz english bridle veg tan I'd had around the shop for quite some time from a W&C overstock sale way back. It comes tannery stuffed with hot waxes and requires no final finish with a very beautiful red color.

Made this one for my 32 H&R collection. It's a fairly rough prototype on all accounts but they are usable for me to beat around on. Holds 42 rounds of the little 32's and is comfortable as can be with either but especially my Vaquerito riding around.

DSC_0757_zps1fae1cdc.jpg
DSC_0767_zpsf51548f2.jpg
DSC_0780_zps870e48fd.jpg
DSC_0782_zps7702f25e.jpg
DSC_0788_zpsb1ede78c.jpg
DSC_0794_zps751e7cf6.jpg

That is beautiful work! It's a good example of the Mills Pattern cartridge belt made for the cavalry in the late 1800s. There are a number of history buffs who should be interested in such a belt.

Jim

That's a super classy set up Rob, great job on both the leatherwork and the pictures!!

Best regards, Josh

Great attention to detail and execution

You done good!! Mike

Clean and neat. Awesome.

What stitcher do you use?

I'm thinking of upgrading and moving up from my Boss, and am considering all of my options.

Beautiful. Period. Simple and clean is one of the hardest designs to execute and you nailed it.

Excellent. Love the bird's head grip.

Top notch!

Love those six guns

That is beautiful work! It's a good example of the Mills Pattern cartridge belt made for the cavalry in the late 1800s. There are a number of history buffs who should be interested in such a belt.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I've seen a few variations of the Mills belt, which muddied the water on what it should be called for me. I've also see a Fairweather/Christian belt similar to this design as well.

That's a super classy set up Rob, great job on both the leatherwork and the pictures!!

Best regards, Josh

Hey Josh, thanks for the words. The photos are the funnest part!

Great attention to detail and execution

Much appreciated!

Very nice!

Thanks!

You done good!! Mike

Thank you Mike!

Clean and neat. Awesome.

Thanks Red!

What stitcher do you use?

I'm thinking of upgrading and moving up from my Boss, and am considering all of my options.

I came from a Boss to the Cobra Class 4 from Steve. It makes the Tippmann look bad in every way imaginable.

Beautiful. Period. Simple and clean is one of the hardest designs to execute and you nailed it.

Appreciate the kind words!

Excellent. Love the bird's head grip.

They look good and handle very nicely!

Top notch!

Love those six guns

Thank you!

Edited by Eaglestroker

Looks great Pard. I wasn't sure if I mentioned that to you before. By the way, when you are finished with that Marlin, you can send it on up my way!

"Beautiful" does not do the work justice, . . .

I think "Stunning", . . . kinda like Cinderella stepping out of the pumpkin coach that very first time, . . . describes it for me.

Keep up the good work.

May God bless,

Dwight