ClaireAshton

Where Can I Find The Equivalent Tool Or Product In The Uk

Half goat ....you can buy them on eBay

Edited by gmace99

I buy from an Italian supplier that delivers in Europe at low rates. They are quite new in online business but I see them adding new products each day.

The site is http://shoetechnik.com

Hi guys first post. Be gentle :helpsmilie: Is there a supplier for tools equivalent to these guys in the UK http://www.weaverleather.com/Supply/OurProducts/MasterToolsMachinery.aspx I'm looking for there edging and creasing tools. Not really interested in getting the larger industrial units. Just want to make life a little easier.

Edited by Irish newbie

Hi guys first post. Be gentle :helpsmilie: Is there a supplier for tools equivalent to these guys in the UK http://www.weaverleather.com/Supply/OurProducts/MasterToolsMachinery.aspx I'm looking for there edging and creasing tools. Not really interested in getting the larger industrial units. Just want to make life a little easier.

No tool dealer with the same assortment as Weaver.

American edgers are the best in the world - go for Rons or Barry King, or the new Jeremiah Watt quick change edger if you're on a budget. There might be some Asian tool makers making equivalent tools, but you won't find it in the uk. There are two resellers of Rons in the EU, however you might as well order in the us and the pay the fees.

Looking for a supplier of Riri Zippers in Europe with a good range of colors.

I am brand new to leatherwork kit only arrived yesterday but been looking around for last three weeks, just trying to get a chunk of Granite at moment to keep the noise down otherwise wife will divorce me

One supplier of veg tan leather that may be of interest is  www.Jwoodleathers.co.uk  who supply low costs economy tan for practising on, along with a large range of other leather

ECONOMY NATURAL VEG TAN I
 FULL SHOULDER / HALF SHOULDER 3.0/3.5 MM  Full shoulder =18 – 20 sq ft  Half shoulder+ 9 – 10sq ft at £2.75 per sq Ft thinner at slightly cheaper prices

Putting a order fro half shoulder in on Monday to see what its like

Chris Ashdown, Norfolk  England

Given nobody's mentioned them, JT Batchelor are London's guilty little secret, they're strictly visit-only because they have all the business they can cope with over the counter. Leather and core tools. For many things, ArtisanLeather.co.uk, then TR Lawman for shoemaking supplies, also Icanmakeshoes.com

The pyramid idea was a New Age concept, didn't really matter what it was made of, it was just the shape. Edges seemed to last longer.

My woodworker background goes r-i-i-i-g-h-t when you talk about a new plane blade or a blade fresh from the grinder being sharp. OK, it's not blunt, but it's not goung to cut crossgrain lime and leave a polished surface. The difference in sharpness between a headsman's axe and a quality samurai sword.

I'm an adict of Japanese water stones, as used for said sword. An oilstone takes you to a bead you sheer, leaving a line a few crystals thickj that's on the way to sharp, so you then use rouge on a strop as a grinding paste to improve on that. That's about what an 800 Japanese starts at. Then 1600, 2400. After that the pareto principle sets in, you can improve by small amounts but by much more work, realistically I'm a maker, not an addict.

Hi Claire, note to the wise, recently primarily because Osborne leather tools never responded to 4 emails I sent, I ended up buying some odds and ends from Webber in the UK. I am in SA. I honestly could not believe how much more expensive it was to buy from the UK than USA. I would say shop around. Ideally in the USA, Rockymountain, Buckleguy, Weaver, pretty much any well known place will likely have what you want, ship it in, still cheaper to do that than buy UK, especially tools. That said have used Abbeyengland and some leather places. All the best

On 10/20/2015 at 4:46 PM, antonyt said:

I buy from an Italian supplier that delivers in Europe at low rates. They are quite new in online business but I see them adding new products each day.

The site is http://shoetechnik.com

Its nice site ,I will also buy from this .