shoepatcher

The New Durkopp/adler 969

I talked to Allen at Weaver Leather a couple weeks ago. They finally got their first 969 Durkopp/Adler extra heavy duty cylinder arm in. It came in the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Allen has spent the last week and a half setting it up and learning about the machine. This is the classic model meaning it is loaded. They had to modify their pedestal stand to accommodate this beast. The head alone weighs 200lbs! It is a monster! A normal 12" 205-370 weighs about 120lbs. so you do the math. Remember, these are direct drive machines meaning the motor is inside the head. The bobbins are not metal, rather a type of space age plastic material. Durkopp/Adler has a 969-100 machine coming out next June which has a 39.37" throat!

This first one is going into their production so they can test this animal. Allen says this thing has tremendous power. He sewed 1" thick of hard leather strips like it was butter. The machine is only 13 months overdue from when Weaver was supposed to get it in (and in mean Oct. 2013). I will try to get you some pics of the machine. Allen says it makes a 16" 205 look small. He is still waiting on the service manual to clarify a few things. I am hoping to get a picture of a 16" 205 next to the 969. They will not be cheap. The Eco model which is the basic machine has air lift standard meaning you have to have an air compressor to run the foot lift and the direct drive in the head is a standard 220v single phase motor, no 110 volt so that would mean a transformer if you do not have a 220 line to set it up on. Adler has spent over 3 years developing this machine. Kind of a cross between the Adler205-370 and the new 869 cylinder arm. We have one of the new 869 cylinders in the factory here and it is a fabulous machine.

All in all, no matter the price, Durkopp/Adler has upped the stakes in the heavy duty leather sewing machine industry. This is way above anything anyone else has.

glenn

If any of you have been to Weaver for their auction in June or have taken their tour then you know that this place is just amazing ..

I was just in there early November and Jackie was telling me that they were anxious about the new machine, but I the same token nervous of the discontinuation of the 205! They have quiet a set up! I am happy with the 441s that I have, but now that theyre not making them going forward, I have the urge for a 205! And I've always wanted a Randall!!!

I recently was sewing on a durkopp adler 838... wonderful and I love the weaver auction

I was just in there early November and Jackie was telling me that they were anxious about the new machine, but I the same token nervous of the discontinuation of the 205! They have quiet a set up! I am happy with the 441s that I have, but now that theyre not making them going forward, I have the urge for a 205! And I've always wanted a Randall!!!

Andrew. You should know that even if you were to come across a Randall, you'd just end up trading or selling it to me. Just skip the step and have them send it here.

Here are some pictures from Shoepatcher:

post-52198-0-75776600-1424146425_thumb.j post-52198-0-61298200-1424146424_thumb.j

Picture #1 12" Adler 205 next to new 16" Adler 969H

Picture #2 969H bobbin vs. 205 bobbin

When you want to repair one of them - maybe one day - you don´t have to take them to the dealer anymore - you just have to press CTRL ALT DEL or reboot them. In the next level it will come with an OBD plug. I heard rumors the 1069 or 1169 will have one :spoton:

I talked o weaver yesterday and they said they had some pictures taken! Looks like a beast! And the bobbin holds 70% more from what I understand!

Here's a recent picture from shoepatcher (Glenn) showing the new 969 Durkopp/Adler on the right versus the older 205.

post-52198-0-84152000-1425517295_thumb.j