Dover leather

Leather Machine Company

I recently bought a cobra sewing machine. I read a lot of great things about the company and the customer service Steve provides. I have tried to call them and email for over a week with no response. Does anyone know if there has been a change in ownership?

I recently bought a cobra sewing machine. I read a lot of great things about the company and the customer service Steve provides. I have tried to call them and email for over a week with no response. Does anyone know if there has been a change in ownership?

I thought I read that cobra steve had to have surgery recently.

What happened? Did you figure out it doesn't stitch back in the same holes? Or were you thinking that they somehow forgot to include a manual? Wait. were the bolts missing, so you can't bolt it to the base? :rofl:

I hope Steve gets better soon. I am surprised no one is there to take care of the store in his absence. I did email someone else a few weeks ago and I tried them lately and got no response. It did pretty good but now it has loops on the bottom. I have done what Al suggested in the video to adjust but it still didn't help.

Someone needing surgery isn't a topic for ha has Jeff. Just because you can't use a cobra is no need to make fun of them OR Steve.

Dover I've had nothing but wonderful interactions with the LMC. I asked them to send me a table and they did at no charge. I lost my screw out of the feed dog (way teeny) and Steve brought me one to Sheraton when I was there for the trade show. If you go to Facebook and type in Al Bane for Leather It has his phone number on his page and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you while Steve is out of commission. Cheryl

Edited by DoubleC

Looping on the bottom is always the top(needle) thread,it is either #1 threaded incorrectly(you need to make sure your going around the 2nd tension 1&1/2x) OR #2 the top tension is too loose so tighten it 1/2 turn @ a time (the top one on the back)

Call 909-800-1429.

Art

Post some photos of the thread path and I, and/or others will assist you until Steve is able to get back to you. We will be wanting to see the top thread as it goes around the top tension disks, then around the bottom set, through the check spring , up through the take-up lever, and down to the needle. Why? Because sometime the thread is overly twisty and can twist out of the upper tension disks to the point of having no tension at all.

Thanks for the help. Its nice to know folks are willing to help. The cobra seems like a great machine I have enjoyed using it. I did check the thread path twice and went step by step watching Al's video. I will try him tomorrow to see what he suggest.

FWIW regarding Leather Machine - I'd suspect that David and the other guy are both at the guild show in Indiana this weekend. Takes a few days to get there and I expect a few days to get back.