chasman52

PFAFF1445 Need some help judgeing stitching

This is my very first sewing machine I'm not sure this is right. I can't believe how damn fast it is. I can't get a straight line or stop it in time. How the *&^% do you all control these machines:lol:

I had to count all my fingers this first time I lit it up!

Anyway,I want to post up some pic's of the stitches in 16OZ I've been able to do after two days for tweaking. If someone could take a look at these pic's and advise on what I should do next. Much appreciated!

I did get an owners manual and the parts list. If someone here can advise me on how to post them I'd be happy to. Each is a little larger than the 1.46mb allowed

I need the machine to do totes, belts and (hopefully) holsters.

I got to slow it down. What servos do the best job.

Frontside207-138.thumb.jpg.3cbacfc8ddf730bf3e5ad3ff51dc1667.jpg

Back side207-138.jpg

You need a speed reducer and/or servo motor if want great speed control

Edited by Rlaing

Hey looks great and plenty of pull on the 207, good work there.

Agree one of them reducers would be the ticket for ya to put just the right slow down in the operation.

So many options to consider, and yet many nice ones just a phone call away also!

I sure been eyeing some ready to go types, always great ideas on the site here one can work up.

again great job getting it all working again

Floyd

Thanks BRmax, So, is it better to get a reducer( two pulleys ) first, or straight to a servo?

A lot of cleaning! I got in new parts on the tension assembly. it's seems to be working:yeah:

This is the best part! i can spend others money :rolleyes:

I am sure the best move is to get one of the pre-made "box style" pulley reducers. With this use your existing motor for the time, and its So easy mounted bottom side. I mean look im spending your money and happy and confident this is a good choice for slowing that machine down.

Make something sell it and get another upgrade, that's the way its suppose to work. A piece ata time

Add 15.00 for v-belt choices locally along with a Mickey D's lunch. 

Floyd

As Floyd says you can fit one of those speed reducers, which will certainly help, but for a newbie I strongly suggest fitting a servo. If you use it with a speed reducer pulley setup you will be able to crawl the needle along and still retain the torque. I persevered with a clutch motor and assorted speed reducers but it was inevitable that I would fit a servo. No regrets whatsoever at spending the money as it's made the machine(s) a delight to use.

As to which one is best, lots written in the forum about them but if you're unsure you can't go past one of the advertisers/sponsors of the forum.

Edited by dikman

LOL you guys are telling me to spend some money if I want to get this right.

This machine is a beast. I'll at least try out a reducer before I go at the servo.

I see the Consew 1000 servo on amazon. Is it any good?

I'll have a #3 to go please:)

Do you want curley fries with that?

I got a servo and it crawls ok, but it could use some oomphf if I stop before riding over a thick seam. I presume the reduction pulleys in addition will help that. 

18 minutes ago, mixmkr said:

Do you want curley fries with that?

I got a servo and it crawls ok, but it could use some oomphf if I stop before riding over a thick seam. I presume the reduction pulleys in addition will help that. 

It's only 9 and I'm getting hungry. I'm pricing parts to make a speed reducer . $64 + mounting hardware & belts.

Im having a time finding axle mounts and associated. Maybe just drop the $150 for pre made

Edited by mixmkr

2 hours ago, mixmkr said:

Im having a time finding axle mounts and associated. Maybe just drop the $150 for pre made

The pre-made only give a 3 to 1 ratio. Not sure that's enough for me, but it maybe for a servo.

You'll get more torque. I'm not sure how much more though

I paid out $65 + belts and bolts.

chasman, I was like you when I started, I didn't want to spend the money on a servo and spent a lot of time messing around with making speed reducers and modifying the handwheel on the head unit. I eventually realised that 1) everyone is right about fitting a servo and 2) a servo works much better when used with some sort of speed reducer.

Mastering a clutch motor is a challenge that appealed to me on one level, but I realised that if I wanted to get into sewing leather straight away then I had no choice - I now have 3 servos (and 3 surplus clutch motors!!).

2 hours ago, dikman said:

chasman, I was like you when I started, I didn't want to spend the money on a servo and spent a lot of time messing around with making speed reducers and modifying the handwheel on the head unit. I eventually realised that 1) everyone is right about fitting a servo and 2) a servo works much better when used with some sort of speed reducer.

Mastering a clutch motor is a challenge that appealed to me on one level, but I realised that if I wanted to get into sewing leather straight away then I had no choice - I now have 3 servos (and 3 surplus clutch motors!!).

You have a point. I appreciate all the help.