So here is my new leather working area.

1.Area as a whole20170326_092318_resized_0.jpg.0ae07c3158ec78ff0725b8756c47ff55.jpg

2. Airbrush station/dying station.20170326_091314_resized_0.jpg.219e9c50a8316ee66617e97244561f0a.jpg

3. Tooling station.20170326_091649_resized_0.jpg.7c831db87f135fade87d591311b95d5d.jpg

4. Vacuum forming station.20170326_091659_resized_0.jpg.9bfa63a715474eca55fc3350eeca1a5f.jpg

5. Cutting table. ( ignore the stuff going on on top of the cutting table parts and pieces of my new stitching clamp)20170326_091710_resized_0.jpg.27cfeb478885cea65776fc05da9cba50.jpg

6. Burnishing station.( also future home of HotBox)20170326_091925_resized_0.jpg.24ade796a467780ae6a6e505389abb67.jpg

7. chem/dye/miscellaneous cabinet20170326_092108_resized_0.jpg.bcd02683bd20cfd9d4b8e0e9451ba046.jpg

8. Layout and design table/ stitching area (at present)20170326_092245_resized_0.jpg.592cd7a0783f3fe23b14784d19d14e31.jpg for those of you that are interested the tabletops are all UHMW plastic. The table frames are all 2x8 and 4x4 Construction. (except for the layout table) all comments and questions are welcome!

1 minute ago, Mattsbagger said:

Looks good. Very jelly. As my girls say. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

heck yeah! jelly is good! thanks!

Look at all that space, you could even sneak the dining room table back in there for company.

Nice set up really like the burnishing tools, where were you able to get those turned for you and where in town are you located?

Ron

Where all the big piles o' leather?@! :)

Nice looking setup.  I really like the way you have the stamps arranged and angled toward to so you can see what's what.

Very nice. I hope to have a setup like that one day.

14 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

Nice set up really like the burnishing tools, where were you able to get those turned for you and where in town are you located?

Ron

I turned the Delrin (white one mounted to motor) the stainless steel one was done for me when I first started before I started playing around on the lathe. If I had my way I would totally redo it and I still might. Are you in Tennessee also?

ya here in Clarksville as well, been thinking about trying to find someone around here to turn one for me.  I was thinking some of the gun guys here in town that do gun stuff, or there are a few guys I met a couple of years ago when I was running parts for napa here in town.

29 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

ya here in Clarksville as well, been thinking about trying to find someone around here to turn one for me.  I was thinking some of the gun guys here in town that do gun stuff, or there are a few guys I met a couple of years ago when I was running parts for napa here in town.

cool sent you a message check your inbox

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Where all the big piles o' leather?@! :)

never stock more than what you can use! it don't make money unless it's moving! plus I have it stored elsewhere for now. I'm still getting the new area together! plenty of storage space under three of the four tabes!

Very nice all round, I also like the way you store your tooling stamps,  :)  think I might just copy that idea.

I really like your setup!  Question about your airbrush station - is it connected to an exhaust fan of some type?  

I put a furnace filter in front of a box fan when I am spraying small items and it seems to collect all of the overspray pretty well.

40 minutes ago, garypl said:

I really like your setup!  Question about your airbrush station - is it connected to an exhaust fan of some type?  

I put a furnace filter in front of a box fan when I am spraying small items and it seems to collect all of the overspray pretty well.

The airbrush station has its own fan it actually pulls through two particulate filters and then through an activated charcoal filter that is two inches thick. I have actually laid fiberglass Micarta inside that station/ Hood and you could not smell any of the fiberglass resin. It is a system that's actually made by Sentry Air Systems Incorporated. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time and was able to acquire it.

It looked like a professional setup, but this is really over the top- very nice!

Nice workshop!

I like your airbrush extractor, mine is the garage door. If the door is open, it's extracting. If it's closed it's not. Lol

I basically hold my piece outside and spray it, still wear a respirator though... but it is no good when raining. Haha

8 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

Im just up the road from both of you on the other side of hoptown a few miles. got kids that live there too.

18 minutes ago, Hillbilly tim said:

Im just up the road from both of you on the other side of hoptown a few miles. got kids that live there too.

cool, you anywhere near Elkton? I used to ride out to bike night every Thursday with my Indy. I hope to be doing it again soon I got to get my old Shovelhead back together.

No i'm up hwy109 towards dawson springs. Near the state park.

I'm envious of all that space! I have the back wall of my garage. I do have a nice sturdy 8 foot bench and a full length peg board, but no where near your level of organization.

Great work area.  But way too clean!  :>

That's an interesting stitching pony/horse.  Did you make that?

1 hour ago, slipangle said:

are you referring to the one on top of the cutting table or the one on the layout table? yea I fabbed both of them.

1 hour ago, slipangle said:

well I have always had a train wreck so decided I was getting a hand on things rather than the mess.