tearghost

exotic leather in Canada

Hello,

I am needing help to find exotic leather for sale in Canada (stingray, shark, eel, snake) I have found suppliers in the U.S that will ship it to me but the shipping and customs cost is outrages, I was looking at one place for 2 stingray and 1 shark the leather alone was about $220 which wasn't bad but the shipping and customs cost was over $300.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Tandy carries some exotic leathers (like stingray & snake). You also might try Lonsdale Leather in Vancouver.  Although I doubt that their pricing will be favourable.

If you add your location to your profile, it is easier for members to make good suggestions.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:36 AM, tearghost said:

Hello,

I am needing help to find exotic leather for sale in Canada (stingray, shark, eel, snake) I have found suppliers in the U.S that will ship it to me but the shipping and customs cost is outrages, I was looking at one place for 2 stingray and 1 shark the leather alone was about $220 which wasn't bad but the shipping and customs cost was over $300.

Thank you in advance for any help.

PM sent

OP is located at Wasaga Beach, Ontario according to the IP address.

Please peoples, add your location so you can get the best information and help from people located in your area of the world.

Tom

Hi,

I've got sharks and stingrays, eels, snakes, vipers etc. For non-CITES spieces I can ship it. Im placed in Poland - shipping for 2kg small priority tracked gift pack is 17USD. So shark and 2 stingrays will fit in it. About 10 working days delivery time. Now on stock I have nice grey and black shark - big ones 4sqft up and some stingrays with nice colours: green, orange, blue or turquoise. I accept paypal.

ex.jpg

Edited by MarcinB

Tearghost, make sure you can bring it to Canada legally or you run the risk of it getting seized and a risk of getting charged

non-CITES spieces are good to go. Only problem would be with raw leather products and CITES spieces. Rest I've shipped succesfully :). Doing lots of sales to Canada, USA and Australia - i think those countries have most demanding customs.

Edited by MarcinB

What cites and raw leather do you carry?. So I know what I can and can"t order. What is cites, this is new to me as I have never dealt with exotic leather, where do I find out what cites are in my area?. 

What cites and raw leather do you carry?. So I know what I can and can"t order. What is cites, this is new to me as I have never dealt with exotic leather, where do I find out what cites are in my area?. 

Non-cited. He is talking about stuff like elephant. Some leathers need to have paperwork to prove it was harvested legally. Thats my take on it.

That's about the size of it. Your best bet is to contact the CBSA and ask for the memo concerning importation of such things and see if a license is required.

Tearghost, make sure you can bring it to Canada legally or you run the risk of it getting seized and a risk of getting charged

don't be this guy

https://www.ec.gc.ca/alef-ewe/default.asp?lang=En&n=407DCE68-1

Found the memo

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d19/d19-7-1-eng.pdf

CITES spieces are one that are endangered. For them you need to have special papers that shows they are legally obtained. Most popular CITES spieces are all crcodoiles, pythons, elephant, hipo and some spieces of lizards(fe. waranus niloctus). I've got them with papers valid within EU, when importing you need to get CITES import permit - it's possible with my papers but it takes approx 3 months to get this permit. But I won't even offer you those spieces, as I prefer to deal with them only within EU. On my site every spiece that need CITES got this info in details.

And for raw leather it's leather that haven't been tanned, due to health care it need to have lots of work done before importing. Same goes for bones, antlers, teeth etc.

Sharks, stingrays, eel and most of snakes are non-CITES spieces, so no paperwork need to be done - it's just like cow leather.

Edited by MarcinB

non-CITES spieces are good to go. Only problem would be with raw leather products and CITES spieces. Rest I've shipped succesfully :). Doing lots of sales to Canada, USA and Australia - i think those countries have most demanding customs.

Hi MarcinB

Please add your location to your profile so people know where you are.

Tom

CITES spieces are one that are endangered. For them you need to have special papers that shows they are legally obtained. Most popular CITES spieces are all crcodoiles, pythons, elephant, hipo and some spieces of lizards(fe. waranus niloctus). I've got them with papers valid within EU, when importing you need to get CITES import permit - it's possible with my papers but it takes approx 3 months to get this permit. But I won't even offer you those spieces, as I prefer to deal with them only within EU. On my site every spiece that need CITES got this info in details.

And for raw leather it's leather that haven't been tanned, due to health care it need to have lots of work done before importing. Same goes for bones, antlers, teeth etc.

Sharks, stingrays, eel and most of snakes are non-CITES spieces, so no paperwork need to be done - it's just like cow leather.

Pm sent